Cat hard bump on nose bridge

emmasavtaylor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone. I'm really glad i came across this thread. I have just been in touch with my vet this morning as my 1yr old sav has the same bump on her nose. He said that its not an emergency, but would like to see her. We are booked in for next week on a routine app. How did everyone else cat get on? Im so worried, i lost a bengal at just 1 yr old last year to FIP, i dont think i could lose my little nina. Im worried sick. Like you have all said though, doesn't seem to bother her, she eats, plays and acts crazy and shes gaining weight. Please see the images below
image2.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

porkie12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Emma.

This looks very similar to Pepi's lump which came on when he was about 18 months! He is now nearly 3 years old and still absolutely fine (touch wood!) the lump has remained but not changes shape or size. When he went for his annual jabs a couple of months ago the vet said it is likely thickened cartilage and to not worry unless it changes size or shape.

I hope it all goes well at the vet with Nina - i'm sure it will be fine :)

Juniper_Junebug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Juno also developed a little bump on her nose as a kitten, which I worried about after reading this thread. At her last wellness visit in September, I asked the vet about it and she said it was likely mild damage to her nose cartilage caused by the very bad URI she had as a kitten (she was born feral and was very sick when rescued, and then had another bad flare when I adopted her). I will continue to monitor but the vet didn't think it merited putting her through any testing at this point. 🤞