Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
She's gorgeous 😍

Can you groom her daily?

My boy doesn't have ones that big, your vet could confirm if it's not a problem, if they allow you to send in the photo.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi there! Way too much hair! How long have you had this cat? I ask because you say this is the first time for a hairball vomit.

As mentioned above, daily brushings, and perhaps a dab of butter/margarine from your finger or placed on her paw to lick - if not daily, maybe every 2-3 days. Or, you can add a drop or two of olive oil to her food each day.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of my cats threw up a 6 inch long cylindrical hairball once. Hairballs are wet because they were inside the body where it's moist :)

Besides brushing / combing and hairball remedies sold in pet stores, you can give a raw egg yolk (no white) or powdered egg yolk lecithin to help manage hairballs. How Best to Manage Hairballs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scaredpersianowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there! Way too much hair! How long have you had this cat? I ask because you say this is the first time for a hairball vomit.

As mentioned above, daily brushings, and perhaps a dab of butter/margarine from your finger or placed on her paw to lick - if not daily, maybe every 2-3 days. Or, you can add a drop or two of olive oil to her food each day.
Hi! She’s about a year and a half so we’ve had her for a year. This is the first ever hairball I’ve found from her, but I am not 100% certain that it’s her first one.
She gets groomed professionally every few months and we brush her once or twice a week. I will make sure we brush her more often. Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Scaredpersianowner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
She's gorgeous 😍

Can you groom her daily?

My boy doesn't have ones that big, your vet could confirm if it's not a problem, if they allow you to send in the photo.
I did confirm with a vet tech and they said it looks normal. I just thought it was a lot of hair! I’ll make sure to brush her daily ♥ thank you!