Cat had PU surgery but still having problems peeing !

Englishrose2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone
Has anyone had experience of their cat having PU surgery ? My cat had it 12 days ago but is still only doing drops of wee He is currently in the vet hospital and is due to have his stitches out They day the surgery went well and he doesn’t have an infection but they don’t have any answers as to why this happening What I don’t understand is last week he had two or three days where he was peeing properly He seems to have gone backwards ?
I am so desperate for answers as he has been through so much and just seems to be no better than before he had the operation
The vet student who phoned me today said the surgeon isn’t overly concerned but what will happen if he can’t pee on his own ?
Any input would be great as I’m at my wits end with this

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Sorry no one with first hand experience has responded yet to your question. I have seen a lot of threads on issues related to post PU surgery, so I have given you a link to those threads (see below). Maybe you can look through them while you are waiting for other members to see your post and offer their input. Some are good, some are not so good, so please don't put too much stake in any of them. These posts are just meant to help you see you are not alone!!

Search Results for Query: after PU surgery

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am sorry that I don't have the answer, but I did notice that you mentioned a "vet student." I would definitely insist on a nice long talk with the actual surgeon in which you ask any and all questions which you have about the procedure. "Not to concerned" is one of those medical terms that demands a little more explanation. Please don't take this the wrong way as I am not suggesting that anything is going to be wrong in the long run, just that you have the right to some answers and a back up plan if there are issues remaining.