Cat groomers for North Dallas/Plano/Frisco

xisare

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hola!! (Hello!)

With spring and summer coming I'm a bit worried about Akodo, he absolutetly refuses to be brushed, at most he would tolerate 2 or 3 passes, and he's been shedding a lor more hair in the last month. To the point to when I pet him I would get clumps of hair stuck to my hand.

Right now the "best" way to brush him is petting him, but of course that does not take care of the undercoat or more tangled hairs. I haven't seen any mats or things like that, but I'm thinking of taking him to a groomer to get out all that loose hair and hopefully make him a bit more comfortable in these hot months.

Do you have any recommendations in the Plano/Frisco area in Texas?

Thanks

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just messaged a friend in Granbury TX but that's not all that close to you on the west side of the city.  Probably your vet would be the best reference -- in fact, some vets offer grooming in their offices.  If you have a slightly longhaired cat that hates to be groomed, you might consider getting Akodo a Lion Cut for the summer.  My friend does it every year for her boy who gets terrible hairballs even though he is not a true longhair, just a fuzzy boy. 

They do it at the vet's office under light sedation.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

xisare

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Akodo is shorthaired, he just hates the brushes. Actually today is the first time I could brush him in like 4 months and it has been on an off for the last 4 hours or so. He would come and sit on my lap while I work on the laptop and I would brush him a bit becasue he does not like me working while he's there, he will nibble at my hands.

I saw the lion cut and.... no, I really don't like it. I'm not sure his vet has grooming services, is just a small family clinic in a strip center. But I'll ask