Cat Grass For Toothless Cat

kuanggol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see my toothless boy try to eat cat grass but he can't bite them off. I try to give him some that I've cut fresh but it seems he's not interested in easy pickings. I'd rather give him fresh than dried if possible. Other than cutting it finely and mixing with his food, what else can I try? Alternatively what are your favorite cat grass treats?

Sarah2e

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see my toothless boy try to eat cat grass but he can't bite them off. I try to give him some that I've cut fresh but it seems he's not interested in easy pickings. I'd rather give him fresh than dried if possible. Other than cutting it finely and mixing with his food, what else can I try?
I’m having the exact same problem! My toothless boy tries to eat cat grass, but can’t bite it off 😢 and ends up dragging the plant around. Did you find any solution? My next step is to put some cuttings in a little vase for him (so when he eats it, he’ll pull up the grass ), but I haven’t found the perfect vase yet.

LTS3

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I’m having the exact same problem! My toothless boy tries to eat cat grass, but can’t bite it off 😢 and ends up dragging the plant around. Did you find any solution? My next step is to put some cuttings in a little vase for him (so when he eats it, he’ll pull up the grass ), but I haven’t found the perfect vase yet.

Why not just pick the grass to make it easier for the cat to eat? Just pull off a few pieces at a time and let your cat eat those. No plant / pot dragging around.

Anne Valentine

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Why not just pick the grass to make it easier for the cat to eat? Just pull off a few pieces at a time and let your cat eat those. No plant / pot dragging around.
Some cats won't accept it unless they chew it off themselves. Mine are that way.

Any non breakable container could work for fresh clippings. If you can put them in something so they stand up similar to how they are on the plant that may attract the cat to chew on the cuttings more.

Sarah2e

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately, I tried that. He has no interest once the grass is off the plant. And I leave the plants out for my other kitty, who has teeth and loves munching away.

Sarah2e

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Some cats won't accept it unless they chew it off themselves. Mine are that way.

Any non breakable container could work for fresh clippings. If you can put them in something so they stand up similar to how they are on the plant that may attract the cat to chew on the cuttings more.
Thanks! I’ll try that and report back to help future toothless cat owners that find this thread. I am intrigued by the baby bean sprout suggestion, but are baby bean sprouts even safe for cats?