Cat got out. Distraught what to say.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, almost 3 weeks! She's a lucky girl.

I know someone whose housecat was missing for 3 weeks and came back on his own, skinny and dehydrated, so she's sure he was trapped somewhere but she never found out where. At least you don't have to wonder about it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I've no idea how she survived. My outside cat's kept going up the hill, but they do that sometimes.

She's very thin, but knows where the food bowl is.
So far, so good. I'll keep my eye on her, take her for a check up this coming week.

Thank you again 👍

That is incredible! I am SO happy for good news! She is home where she belongs....

Bowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Indeed, 22 days in the freezer. It's a small possibility the folks up the road gave her something once or twice. When I see them, I'll ask.

Stay well, thank you.

Wow, almost 3 weeks! She's a lucky girl.

I know someone whose housecat was missing for 3 weeks and came back on his own, skinny and dehydrated, so she's sure he was trapped somewhere but she never found out where. At least you don't have to wonder about it.

Bowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's trying to feel her way back into our world now. The old, frankly annoying but so missed habits return slowly.
I think we both learned something.

Now we hear a squabble outside. It's none of our business until it gets in here.

Bones and skin are now turning to brighter eyes, knowing she's loved.
However my Houdini who defies logic. Will return.

She fell out of my outside cat place 3 times as a kitten. 3rd time, took her in.
Never looked back, because she taunted me with everything I did 🤣

She started talking to me again today. She's so different, but so strong.
Admiration continues.
I'll post some pics soon of her.

I've had some great Cat's. I admire them, tenacity, kindness when least expected.
What to say further.

Happy Daddy.
Hugs.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you. I've no idea how she survived. My outside cat's kept going up the hill, but they do that sometimes.

She's very thin, but knows where the food bowl is.
So far, so good. I'll keep my eye on her, take her for a check up this coming week.

Thank you again 👍
Now would be a good time to have her chipped. That way if she got out again She could be traced back to you.

Bowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good day, evening, wherever you are.
She's learning again about where she was. Some things are harder to get back it seems.

I cannot imagine, just the fear she had, being so close, but so far away in the deepest cold we've had for some years.

But, she's again with me by the radiator, changed a bit, but that is ok.

No point in tagging cat's here. But perhaps I'm wrong. The community spirit is more about 'interests'.

Thanks peeps. 👍

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No point in tagging cat's here.
The reason for tagging or chipping your pets is proof. If ever your pet gets lost and picked up by authorities and sent to a shelter, regulations specify that all animals taken in must be checked for a chip.

If a chip is found, reasonable steps must be taken to contact the owner for safe return. If no chip is found, standard procedure is to hold the animal for a certain amount of time. After that, animals may be euthanized, depending on the regulations in your area.

If your cat gets picked up by an ordinary person who takes it to a vet, they are supposed to check all "found animals" for chips. If there is a chip, they must try to contact the owner. If not, the person gets to keep the cat if they want or they can turn it over to the shelter and things will go from there, as above.

If...God forbid...your cat gets stolen, with a chip, you have proof that the cat is yours. Otherwise, they get to keep your cat.

Getting a cat chipped isn't too expensive. Probably $100.00 or less. It's no more difficult or invasive than giving your cat a shot.
The device used looks like an overgrown syringe, about the size of a magic marker. It takes, literally, one minute or less to do the deed. The rest is just paperwork to register the chip to you.

Pictures are also a good idea. We took Casper's picture, printed it out and gave a copy to our vet to be included in his files.
Write down any distinguishing characteristics on the back of the photo, as well.

I wouldn't say that chipping your cat is mandatory but it's certainly a good idea. We got Casper chipped even though he's a 100% indoor cat. If ever he escapes, if ever he gets lost on a car trip to or from the vet or something like that, we have proof that he's our cat.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also had a cat experience an escape. Gone for a month in hostile place. When I finally got her back, she was in rough shape but she actually became even closer to me than we were before. Hardly something I could even imagine but they are so amazing. As I was reading your thread my heart seemed to skip beats. I am so very grateful to Beta for staying strong and holding on until you got her. I am so grateful to you for never giving up on her. :heartshape:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good day, evening, wherever you are.
She's learning again about where she was. Some things are harder to get back it seems.

I cannot imagine, just the fear she had, being so close, but so far away in the deepest cold we've had for some years.

But, she's again with me by the radiator, changed a bit, but that is ok.

No point in tagging cat's here. But perhaps I'm wrong. The community spirit is more about 'interests'.

Thanks peeps. 👍
I’m glad you have your cat back!!!! I’m sorry I missed your post. It is always good to hear when a cat makes it back safely!!!

Bowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You are truly wonderful caring people. Apologies for the late reply. A neighbour is throwing bombs next door, so my mind is interfered.

Beta- nee Porter is doing fine. Stays close always my Cat Dog thing.
Let's me know what's abroad.

Became closer as another mentioned, but STILL runs at the door when I forget, protecting me!

If that neighbour stops throwing bombs in our other neighbour's garden, we might be able to get on.
But things, though nothing like there, our future could be shared in a horrible way.

Beta say's HI!
Hugs

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Give Beta a skritch behind her ears for me, and a hug to you! It is so wonderful when what seems hopeless is suddenly joyous. It was a journey, but the end was worth it all!

Bowman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Done, thank you. She's relarning now. Jumps from wall to wall. I've only seen super people in movies do this.

If she could keep that up. Running on walls, I could use her to generate electric.
Thank you again.

Your health.
👍

Natalie Cataline

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Utterly incredible. Some of the coldest elongated weather we've had for some time now, frigid!

Last Monday I thought I saw her in the yard near the window. I called, the Cat left.
I felt a little lighter after that, some hope at least.

The weather broke a bit, some sun, ice melting, temps up.

Heard a meow earlier, called, nothing.

When we came home, I heard the same meow. Of course by now, I'd given up hope. I saw some foxes near our place the last two weeks. Oddly though, our cats don't mind them!

Anyway, more meows later, calling. Finally able to climb the hill.

My wife heard her, this time, lots of calls for help.

She had got stuck in a old outside toilet! There was wood blocking any jump.
Totally stuck.

Grabbed her. Very thin, totally lucky and tough.
Inside again, thank heavens.

Now all we need is peace in Europe.

Thank you very much for your eyes and thoughts, a very greatful Dad.
Hugs.
Hooray!!!