Cat gone missing - need VIBES, please!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm posting this on behalf of a business associate of mine.

Kessalina, aka Kess, went missing 5 days ago in the Gloucester, MA area. She is an indoor/outdoor kitty who has ALWAYS come home before, and her meowmy is very scared and worried for her. She has been to the lost pets website and has followed all the tips to no avail.

I told her that TCS vibes are amazing and it can't hurt to add the collective prayers and energies of fellow cat lovers to hers.

Here is a picture of the missing beauty:

Please help me in sending out vibes that Kess will come home SAFE and SOON to her worried meowmy!!! Thank you guys!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
15 people have read this so far and not one is sending out vibes?

I'm just a little disappointed, folks. Do you only send out vibes for TCS kitties? Aren't others worthy of your prayers???

animal

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
really sorry to hear this..i hope kitty comes home soon *im sure it wont be long*..sending {{{{vibes}}}from us all here

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending out MEGA vibes for beautiful Kess to be found !!!!! Shes so beautiful ....

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sending the biggest vibes I can muster all the way from Aussie to sweet Kess... come on darling, your Mommy is very worried about you

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is very pretty, hoping she comes home soon.(((vibes)))

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} that precious Kess comes home soon! Such a gorgeous cat - i hope that she hasn't been "adopted" by some well-meaning but misguided soul.
please tell your associate that i will keep Kess on my prayer list tonight. Bless you for being a good friend to her during this stressful time
Susan

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a pretty cat!! Sending vibes that she makes her way back home.{{{{{}}}}}

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all SO much! Kess' meowmy is worried to pieces and is afraid of the worst because we have coyotes and fischer (sp?) cats in our area.

She's also blaming herself for having let her out the door, but I've told her it is NOT her fault - Kess was an indoor/outdoor and would have bugged her to bits - she uses the outside as her litter box.

She's going to keep me posted, and she was moved to tears when I told her I was going to be asking the TCS community to add Kess to their thoughts and prayers that she come home safe and sound.

I'm hoping that the worst is simply that Kess found a stranger who took her in thinking that she was lost.

Thank you so much, those of you who care enough to wish a stranger's kitty home safe! I'll let you know if/when she comes home safely - she's SO pretty, my heart goes out to her mom, Lisa.

Thanks again!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Continued vibes ....... how distraught Lisa must be

Has she tried the humane trap with tuna inside? Or what about leaving one of her t-shirts out, so Kess can smell "home". Im not really familar with all of the tips, Im just trying to go on "memory" of what I have read that has worked for others.

There are a lot of tips on here. Ive even seen, I believe Katie (TNR) post some tips before, let me look around and see if I can find them.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a post I found from Katie (TNR1)

You also may want to try this advice:

Best Friendsâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] Animal Radio recently interviewed Kat Albrecht, author of The Lost Pet Chronicles, and she gave some very good advice on finding a lost cat:

Most people donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t differentiate between searching for a dog and searching for a cat, which is a huge mistake, because they are like apples and oranges. Cats are territorial, so when an indoor cat escapes outside, they feel displaced into unfamiliar territory. A displaced cat (and also an injured or sick cat) will hide and they will be silent. So walking around and calling the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s name doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work.

What that cat does is to look for the first place where she can hide, and she will stay there. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve had people who have recovered their cats six weeks later, and the cat was two houses down, living under the neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house or under their deck.

Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve actually recovered lots of cats by treating them like ferals and setting a humane trap. These cats will sit there and watch and even listen to their person calling, but they will usually not respond.

Eventually, some of them will reach a threshold point between the seventh and tenth day where they finally do meow or they go into the humane trap, but many of them, especially the ones with skittish temperaments, just continue to hide.

As for a cat who is used to going outside, we really do advocate making your cats indoor-only. However, if an indoor/outdoor cat does go missing, it may be that theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been chased by a dog or beat up by another cat. They may run into an unfamiliar area, and they may hide in fear as well, or than can be transported out of the area by crawling into a car or the back of a truck.

Outdoor cats are still territorial. They donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t generally travel great distances by themselves, so theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to be found within their territory or just beyond it. Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll want to get into your neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s yard to search under their porch, under their house, and in potential areas where the cat is trapped, because, again, the behavior of an injured or sick cat is that they will crawl in or under something thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s familiar to them and they will hide. And again, they wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t answer your call

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got trap? Heres a thread where a kitty was missing, but had been spotted. They used KFC chicken and seemed to do thing trick !!!!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys so much - she's been to lost-pets.org and followed all the tips, and handed out flyers to all her neighbors asking them to check garages, basements, under porches, etc., etc.

I'll share this additional stuff with her just in case, but her kitty hasn't been seen anywhere near her home in close to a week now.

Again, thank you all so much!

valkerie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

15 people have read this so far and not one is sending out vibes?

I'm just a little disappointed, folks. Do you only send out vibes for TCS kitties? Aren't others worthy of your prayers???
sending thousands of {{{{Vibes}}}} across the sea to kess wishing her a very safe return stright into her mummy"s loving arms and here are some
Paddy paw {{{{{{{Vibes}}}}}}}from my furr babies

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
continuing to send {{{{prayers and vibes}}}} for kess' safe return home. maybe she hitched a ride in a car by mistake. once a man drove over 5 hours from the Bay Area to the Mammoth Lakes area, and a kitten was in his engine compartment and survived. he didn't even try to find out where it came from. But his daughters kept the kitten

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can hope, anyway.

Kess hasn't come home yet, and her meowmy is beside herself, having difficulty focusing at work. She's been asking all her neighbors to please check their basements and garages, and she's convinced that Kess has gotten into someplace that she may have then been accidently locked into.

She says that Kess won't come to anyone unless it's a female with a VERY soft voice, so she can't imagine that Kess has been taken in as a stray.

Poor Lisa, she's so sad, and I wish I could do more to help her, but instead all I can do is keep sending out vibes for Kess to please come home to her meowmy!

Please continue to keep her in your thoughts and prayers - and I thank you, on behalf of Lisa, Kesselina's Meowmy.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Lisa and poor Kess ......... sending more vibes for them both.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lot of come home vibes...

Don't worry, cats have come back after months before...hopefully this is the case.