Cat goes into heat again.

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat went into heat for the first time, this is loud and all night long. I figured it would go away and it did. Then 4 days later she goes into heat again. Is there anything I can do that will help the cat without fixing her or spading her?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Get her spayed. That's the only solution. Spaying also helps to prevent several types of cancer and pyometra. There are a lot of low-cost clinics around in the US, if that's the issue. When I was living in Baltimore, I got my kittens spayed for free at the SPCA because of a local grant program.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well what's the timeframe for her? is she in heat all month? or is it just once in a while? I might want to let her get pregnant in the future but just not right now.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TCS is a pro spay and neuter web site.

A cat can be in heat for as little as two days or as long as 3 weeks and it repeats every 2 to 3 weeks.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
:yeah:
well what's the timeframe for her? is she in heat all month? or is it just once in a while? I might want to let her get pregnant in the future but just not right now.
If you so choose to want her to have kittens, then you will need to endure the heat cycles. You do not have a choice on that matter, nor can you control her specific cycles.

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
can she have kittens with that proceedure?

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love the way her face looks. I want to see what its like for her to have kittens

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you should take precautions against her running away to mate while in heat. 50/50 chance she makes it back home to you to if she escapes probably less than that if she has lived indoors her whole life.
thanks i'm on the 3rd floor she can't escape since its locked down but even still i feel bad she has no one to mate and always in heat. I can't decide that i never want her to have kittens again.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
thanks i'm on the 3rd floor she can't escape since its locked down but even still i feel bad she has no one to mate and always in heat. I can't decide that i never want her to have kittens again.
There is no reason for her to have kittens. There are too many stray kittens in the world to begin with, and pregnancy always puts the life of the mother at some risk, not to mention (again) the risks for cancer and pyometra. You should spay your cat.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I love the way her face looks. I want to see what its like for her to have kittens
And what if she dies during delivery or all the kittens do? What if she needs a c-section? Do you have a plan if she can't or won't nurse, kittens need to be fed around the clock. Then you'd have to get them all vetted and fixed and try to find them homes or else risk the entire cycle of more un needed cats around, remember it's easy to rehome a kitten but very few people actually keep that kitten or take care of it for life, if you bring them into this world you need to be responsible for them.

saabuhamda

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i can be responsible, however i also have a great vet if needed.