Cat gets belly wet when he pees

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi.
My cat Zeke is a big boy, and when he uses the litterbox, it’s like he’s sitting on the litter, and he pees a lot at once, and then he jumps out, dribbling and tracking pee everywhere and it sucks. I have to wipe him down and wash him, with grooming foam, or he stinks.
If I could convince him to pee more frequently rather than saving up for one or two gigantic bladder releases :sigh:, that would help.

I switched from Okocat to Arm and Hammer Absorbx in the hope that if it absorbed faster there would be less to get puddled under his belly, but it didn’t make a real difference.

What I need is some way to get his belly off the litter when he pees.
edit...after looking at the Tidy Cats Breeze XL system, that seems like it might help.....?

Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this issue?

Thanks!:redtabby:

Last edited:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would still try different clumping litters, believe me, there are some that just don't absorb very fast and 'puddle'. Arm and Hammer was one of them. The 'lightweights' were the worse. they puddled around their feet and they tracked wet litter EVERYWHERE! I keep going back to Scoop Away at Walmart. Cheaper and better. Try it thicker too, I found that at least 4 inches, even more, seems to do better. Now if I could just figure out how to get my Dutch to cover his smelly poo, it would be great!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dhammagirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Follow-up, in case it’s helpful to anyone:
The Tidy Cats Breeze XL litterbox worked fantastic! It took a few days and removal of the litterbox with clumping litter, the hard pellets are a new thing. He pooped in the Breeze a couple times, still peeing in litterbox with the clumping litter. He held his pee for almost 48 hours before giving in and using the Breeze after I removed the clumping litterbox. I watched him, giving praise, as he peed for several minutes.:oops: Fortunately, I had anticipated this and had put a much larger pad on the tray than the one that came with the litterbox system. And after all that pee....he was totally dry!! No wet belly or bloomers or feet or anything! I’m thrilled! :woo: I followed up his first pee in the new box with lots of praise and treats.