Cat Genie Owners

British Girls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,
CatGenie is probably going to hate me for saying this, but it is pretty useful when you are desperate:
Yesterday, I ran out of SaniSolution for my kitties' Cat Genie and due to COVID here, the shipping has been super slow, and the SaniSolution cartridge has not reached me yet. The CatGenie's cycle was due, but the cartridge was empty, thus it will not run and it was starting to stink...I figured that maybe there was a way to start the Catgenie without needing the cartridge. Well, I figured out that if you go into Techmode, the Catgenie will run without the cartridge, but you have to stand there and start and stop the scooping, washing, draining, and drying process. I also added some Dawn dish soap during the washing process. It saved me a stinky house and some unhappy cats (even though I have a litterbox out, they prefer the Catgenie for some reason, LOL). I would not recommend this as a long term thing though, because I am not sure what the effects on the Catgenie would be.
Anyway, here are some pictures of my fur babies!

IMG_0025.jpg

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 8.35.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 8.31.42 AM.png

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE those round faces and little pug noses! They look British Shorthair. How precious! PS Thanks for the tip, I would have never figured that out.

emrebayrak

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everybody,
CatGenie is probably going to hate me for saying this, but it is pretty useful when you are desperate:
Yesterday, I ran out of SaniSolution for my kitties' Cat Genie and due to COVID here, the shipping has been super slow, and the SaniSolution cartridge has not reached me yet. The CatGenie's cycle was due, but the cartridge was empty, thus it will not run and it was starting to stink...I figured that maybe there was a way to start the Catgenie without needing the cartridge. Well, I figured out that if you go into Techmode, the Catgenie will run without the cartridge, but you have to stand there and start and stop the scooping, washing, draining, and drying process. I also added some Dawn dish soap during the washing process. It saved me a stinky house and some unhappy cats (even though I have a litterbox out, they prefer the Catgenie for some reason, LOL). I would not recommend this as a long term thing though, because I am not sure what the effects on the Catgenie would be.

View attachment 354246
View attachment 354243
View attachment 354245
Oww that nose ^^ I've just become a member of this forum because of this post. I am using a 3th party chip to override the cartridges for a long time. Some of friends reached me out due to lack of cartridge supply in EU countries nowadays. I saw several posts like this and created a web site about this 3th party module that you can override cartridges. You may check it out as VirtualCartridge for Catgenie on google.
Cheers:)

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi everybody,

View attachment 354246
View attachment 354243
View attachment 354245
They are gorgeous!!😻

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gorgeous babies. Thanks for the info, I will check out the third party chip too. When I took Merlin in 2 years ago I had trained him on a regular box in the room he was in. Quinn was still using his cat genie. But I can’t get him or Merlin to use it now so we are back to a regular box again. I am scared pee outside box issues will develop if I try leaving the other box dirty because sometimes someone pees on the wee pad outside it if it isn’t cleaned a few times a day etc. any ideas how to get them back to the cat genie? The scooping etc is really hard on my back. Merlin pees a lot and has large pees. I use the diaper genie to store the waste and empty it 1-2 x per week. Quinn has only used it ince this whole time I think. He is insists on using Merlin’s box due to terriorial stuff I think.