• Somewhere else?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I don’t know what to do the ceiling is too tall.
The seller said a diy wooden block would work .

I’m trying to find s handy man

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I can't tell from your picture (on my phone) how far the post is from the ceiling. If it is only a little short, the fix will be easier than a gap of more than 4".

Is the ceiling solid or is this a suspended ceiling? I'd have to get on my desktop to check the pictures

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm So surprised! I know for a fact my cats wouldn't go for the "hammock" type resting area but they love the flat areas. The living room - assuming that is where you spend the most time is the best place to have this tree, the other trees (the free- standing one in your photos) can be moved to the other areas of your home. The bedroom is probably next on the priority.

The tree is held in place by tension, by the looks of it, so you can use a block of wood or something to bridge the gap and hold it in place. you definitely don't need a handy man to find a light block of wood save the $$ for something for your house :)

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Too late. I cannot find a handyman. So I am going to send it back. =(

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Try checking out the trees Mollly and Freinds makes! I ordered the three I have from Hayneedle. Their trees are stout, pre-assembled, and very well made!

Here's the link; https://www.hayneedle.com/pets/cat-trees_brands-molly-and-friends_list_185593_6977?source=googleaw&kwid=molly and friends cat trees&tid=exact&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjaD74oK32AIVFNVkCh3JOA2pEAEYASAAEgJelvD_BwE

For example, ship weight for the Molly and Friends Bed and Cradle 54" Cat Tree was 75 lbs.! I placed one in the dinning area window, and two in the living room.

I have a fourth (didn't have time to wait) I picked up at Petsmart, which is in the extry bedroom window. This one is made for Petsmart, and is also pre-constructed, comes in one piece. However, the base was not as large as the Molly and Friends Bed and Cradle 54" Cat Tree, so I have it between two large boxes for support.

Photo of the one from Petsmart;

Just a heads up; there is however a order lead time for the Molly and Friends.

Good luck,

Pops

BTW, listening to Jackson Galaxy's advise, re. to height. I opted for the 54" height / tall cat tree.

Last edited:

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Try checking out the trees Mollly and Freinds makes! I ordered the three I have from Hayneedle. Their trees are stout, pre-assembled, and very well made!

Here's the link; https://www.hayneedle.com/pets/cat-trees_brands-molly-and-friends_list_185593_6977?source=googleaw&kwid=molly and friends cat trees&tid=exact&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjaD74oK32AIVFNVkCh3JOA2pEAEYASAAEgJelvD_BwE

For example, ship weight for the Molly and Friends Bed and Cradle 54" Cat Tree was 75 lbs.! I placed one in the dinning area window, and two in the living room.

I have a fourth (didn't have time to wait) I picked up at Petsmart, which is in the extry bedroom window. This one is made for Petsmart, and is also pre-constructed, comes in one piece. However, the base was not as large as the Molly and Friends Bed and Cradle 54" Cat Tree, so I have it between two large boxes for support.

Photo of the one from Petsmart;

Just a heads up; there is however a order lead time for the Molly and Friends.

Good luck,

Pops

BTW, listening to Jackson Galaxy's advise, re. to height. I opted for the 54" height / tall cat tree.
I bought one of these
Premium Pinus Sylvestris Wood Cat Tree S8902

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I bought another one:
Premium Pinus Sylvestris Wood Cat Tree S8902

Because someone told me armarkat will replace pieces of furniture instead of having to replace the whole thing.

I sent back the litter robot. Do not buy one.
I have and love our Litter-Robots. Wouldn’t choose to go back to ordinary litter boxes. I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have and love our Litter-Robots. Wouldn’t choose to go back to ordinary litter boxes. I’m sorry it didn’t work out for you.
It smelled SO BAD after 10 mo!
Liter bags filters it adds up
They don’t guarantee the life of the machine either

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lovely pics. My cats raise hell in my blinds, I'm guessing that happened to yours too!

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lovely pics. My cats raise hell in my blinds, I'm guessing that happened to yours too!
Yup! I'm leaving it, as is! Ain't gonna waist money fixing something, only to have it torn apart again. Well, not until things settle! ... :)

Pops

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yup! I'm leaving it, as is! Ain't gonna waist money fixing something, only to have it torn apart again. Well, not until things settle! ... :)

Pops
lucky for me my mum is some sort of blind repair wizard and is able to undo blinds, take out the broken part and then put it back together. I on the other hand, well I use coloured tape.

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Question though, what are those wierd shiny bits on your windows? they look like the insulation on a cool-bag?

azpops

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Question though, what are those wierd shiny bits on your windows? they look like the insulation on a cool-bag?
They're window covering for a motor home. I bought the stuff from a RV parts store, which comes in a large roll, bought by the foot. I'm not using the motor home, so I cut it to fit the window. Not the purity, but it works. ... ;)

Pops

Nursemike3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I found some cat trees on Chewy with extra wide bases. They both had two little privacy houses. My cats prefer being in little houses than perches. I am getting one of those trees with leaves and shelves hidden in the leaves for the two cats I have. My furniture is a folding table and folding chairs but my cats have several condos and cat trees, scratchers, cat cubes, etc. Cat trees are the greates furniture ever.

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I found some cat trees on Chewy with extra wide bases. They both had two little privacy houses. My cats prefer being in little houses than perches. I am getting one of those trees with leaves and shelves hidden in the leaves for the two cats I have. My furniture is a folding table and folding chairs but my cats have several condos and cat trees, scratchers, cat cubes, etc. Cat trees are the greates furniture ever.
Where your trees wobbly? Did you have to attach them to another base for stability?

Nursemike3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No, I picked the large base. I have 2 cats, 14, and 17 pounds, no problem, no wobbles. They have ones with regular bases and larger bases...I don't have a camera on my phone but one of them is 72 inches tall - by Frisco. It is very well made. I vacuum it and then damp cloth it. A little Odoban, good as new. My cats are senior rescues, they don't like play mice or all the sisal scratch posts (they like cardboard, I am teaching them to play hunt with poles, but one is extra lazy and just thinks I am amusing my self. I give treats for effort....

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No, I picked the large base. I have 2 cats, 14, and 17 pounds, no problem, no wobbles. They have ones with regular bases and larger bases...I don't have a camera on my phone but one of them is 72 inches tall - by Frisco. It is very well made. I vacuum it and then damp cloth it. A little Odoban, good as new. My cats are senior rescues, they don't like play mice or all the sisal scratch posts (they like cardboard, I am teaching them to play hunt with poles, but one is extra lazy and just thinks I am amusing my self. I give treats for effort....

Attachments

nunnc84

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mine is still a bit unstable. It's the big house at the top that scares me when the cats scratch on the poles etc.. A cinder block at the bottom may help. That isn't my style of decor'. I want to ask the cat furniture manufacture what they recommend.

Nursemike3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
145313_MAIN._AC_SS190_V1523559673_.jpg
I got one of these at Chewy for less than $150. USD, its about 5 feet tall with 3 shelves they can sit or scratch on. You can rearrange the leaves. The shelves have scratch material. They can sit in a tree and hide and look out a window. They have shorter ones too.