Cat for adoption

Fran Reddaway

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Unfortunately I have to give away my cat for adoption. I am babysitting my baby grand daughter and she is very allergic to cats in particular. I am looking for an older people household as Tilly prefers calm surroundings.

Attachments

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful cat. It would help if you tell us where you're located. This is an international site with member all over the world. Someone might be interested but not respond if they don't know you're close by.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am so sorry you have to give up Tilly! How old is she? Are you looking to find someone on this site to adopt her, or just sharing your disappointment in having to lose her? This site might not be the best place to find a new home for Tilly, but it would help to know where you live (city, state).

Have you tried to see if any family or friends - or close friends of family members - would be interested in caring for her? You could try contacting rescue centers in your area to see if they might have a network of fosters/care givers who could help you locate a new home for Tilly. Whatever route you take, you need to seriously interview whoever you might consider, if you don't know them well. And, be sure they are willing to take all of Tilly's possessions (food/water dishes, litterboxes, blankets/towels, bedding, toys, etc.) with her so she has familiarity in her new home. When you find someone you approve of, it would help, if you can, to have them spend time with her in your home (maybe a few visits) before they take her away, just so she knows them a bit.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Fran Reddaway

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We live in South East London near Crystal Palace.

Fran Reddaway

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. I am so sorry you have to give up Tilly! How old is she? Are you looking to find someone on this site to adopt her, or just sharing your disappointment in having to lose her? This site might not be the best place to find a new home for Tilly, but it would help to know where you live (city, state).

Have you tried to see if any family or friends - or close friends of family members - would be interested in caring for her? You could try contacting rescue centers in your area to see if they might have a network of fosters/care givers who could help you locate a new home for Tilly. Whatever route you take, you need to seriously interview whoever you might consider, if you don't know them well. And, be sure they are willing to take all of Tilly's possessions (food/water dishes, litterboxes, blankets/towels, bedding, toys, etc.) with her so she has familiarity in her new home. When you find someone you approve of, it would help, if you can, to have them spend time with her in your home (maybe a few visits) before they take her away, just so she knows them a bit.
Yes we tried neighbours and friends. It has been negative. Either they have pets and cannot take one more or they are too close and Tilly will find her way back to HER garden. Besides she would prefer a quiet household without another pet. She is 14 years old and still lively. We live in South East London near Crystal Palace. Of course she will travel with all her possessions.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Either they have pets and cannot take one more or they are too close and Tilly will find her way back to HER garden.
She can't be an indoor cat? The thing is no matter who you give her to, if she is allowed outdoors, she will likely try to find her way 'home'. So, not to make your search more difficult, but she should go to someone who will keep her inside - otherwise, they will lose her and she may not make it back to your home before getting hurt or killed.

Fran Reddaway

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will have to check the other rescue centres. I am just beginning to look the adoption scenario after having scoured the neighborhood and the friends.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The other thing you could try on this site is to create another thread and include in the title your area - something like: :Cat needs new home near South East London..." - and see if there are any members close by. Or, 'flag' your thread and ask that the title be changed to include the location? Just a couple of other ideas. (The 'flag' notation is in the lower left hand side of each of your posts.)

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just posted about this on my "go to" Facebook page for feline emergencies. Although they operate almost entire in the US, they have networks with other areas. Hopefully, I'll hear about someone in the UK within a day or two. I'll let you know if I do.

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why not just go over to your grandbabies place to babysit instead? Depending on how severe the allergies are overtime they can get better. Or just when the grandbaby is over have her outside if she will stay in the yard? Not sure how long the baby is over, though if your grand baby is allergic to dust or pollen and the cat is outside and she pets the cat, that is what could cause the allergies. Cat fur especially longhair cats can really soak up the dust allergens.

Krienze

Officially a cat lady now. No regrets.
Super Cat
Purraise
In the interim while you're looking for a home for her -- have you checked out those filters that help with allergies for the AC? My little cousin is terribly allergic, but had few symptoms when we used the filters. It might not be a fix for you but it might make things more comfortable while you try to find her a home =(

Also have you got a facebook? You can look there and see if they have swapshops in your area/lost pet pages that you might be able to post to and see if you can get anyone to give her a home. I would just charge a adoption fee as a lot of dogfighters scan those pages (and any ads really for a free animal) to use free animals as bait animals for dog fighting =(

Good luck! Sorry I could not be more help