Cat Food Similar To Dr. Elsey's Cleanprotein Chicken Formula Dry Food But Cheaper

DrizzleOfSalt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you guys know any food similar to ^ but cheaper or a larger amount for the same price.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you guys know any food similar to ^ but cheaper or a larger amount for the same price.
Right now I'm feeding the DR.Elseys kibble. It is expensive but my cats love it. You can get a slightly better deal with youngagainpetfood.com
It's $44.00 free shipping for an 8 lb bag as opposed to Dr. Elseys $46.99 for 6.6 lb bag.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also love Dr. Elseys for my cats. I have seen the young again, was debating between it and Elseys when Evo went away. Decided on Dr. Elseys, and its going very well, so now im afraid to try young again and mess it up :) Otherwise i think it looks like a good food.

My mother wont pay for Dr. elseys , or order online, and i will not for the outside cats i feed. We have been feeding them all the new prey turkey formula from Taste of the wild. Its not as low carb as Elseys or Young again. But i do like the very limited ingredients. can pick up at most pet stores, or tractor supply, and the price is good.

» Formula Results

I also like Farmina dry, but not cheaper i don't think. I have also fed Orijen. and you may look at Instinct, i think they have some good dry foods. I just don't think you will find anything as low carb as Dr. Elseys, except the young again.

Last edited:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you can do combination feeding with both wet and dry, my girls go through 1 6.6lb bag every 2 months on the cleanprotein. Get on Dr Elsey's mailing list and they will tell you when it's on sale either through their site or through Chewy.com
I purchased it for Black Friday or Cyber Monday at 2 bags for dirt cheap and by the time I needed to purchase it again, they just ran a sale last month. I keep grabbing it for less than $30 a bag.

Generous ✿

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I were you I suggest using Beyond organic chicken. It is B quality which is fairly good and much cheaper. I use Elsey's, but that is what I used to feed my cat before.