Cat food recommendation for multiple cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
An update, I am back to square one. Out of the 5 cats, only 3 cats ate the Weruva wet good and all three puked right after they ate the food. That really freaked me out. I got samples from Dr.Elsey's cat food and unfortunately, the cats are not interested in it. Do y'all have any other suggestions that are good quality with paste texture? I think I spoiled my cats by giving them Fussie cat with fish now they are not eating anything else :-(

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
An update, I am back to square one. Out of the 5 cats, only 3 cats ate the Weruva wet good and all three puked right after they ate the food. That really freaked me out. I got samples from Dr.Elsey's cat food and unfortunately, the cats are not interested in it. Do y'all have any other suggestions that are good quality with paste texture? I think I spoiled my cats by giving them Fussie cat with fish now they are not eating anything else :-(
sorry I meant "Pate" not "Paste"

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Do you have a good independent pet store near you? Mine seem to like the PureVita Turkey and the PureVita Chicken canned. I wish it didn’t have agar agar but you can’t have everything. If you go to the Nutrisource website, you can see who carries PureVita in your area.
Store Locator | Healthy Pet Food | NutriSource Pet Foods

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, we have a few stores. I'll give them a shot. Thank you!!

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just noticed that Tiki cat now has a pate version in the after the dark series and it is available in Petco. Will check that out as well. Btw, Is fish oil safe for cats? Since my cats are so picky about eating only wet food that has fish in it, I was wondering if I can add fish oil to the wet food to encourage them to eat?

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
Btw, Is fish oil safe for cats? Since my cats are so picky about eating only wet food that has fish in it, I was wondering if I can add fish oil to the wet food to encourage them to eat?
I add fish oil to all my cats’ meals, particularly the older two because of their arthritis. I used to use the Nature Made capsules (human variety) and just stuck a pin in the end and squirted it on their food. Now I use this one because it’s easier to use the pump bottle: Iceland Pure Pet Products Unscented Pharmaceutical Grade Sardine & Anchovy Oil Liquid Dog & Cat Supplement, 33-oz bottle - Chewy.com I do keep it in the fridge although you don’t have to. But I’ve never noticed that it does a thing to make them like their food any better. I’ve had to resort to a variety of toppers to bribe them to eat food they aren’t wild about.

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just noticed that Tiki cat now has a pate version in the after the dark series and it is available in Petco. Will check that out as well. Btw, Is fish oil safe for cats? Since my cats are so picky about eating only wet food that has fish in it, I was wondering if I can add fish oil to the wet food to encourage them to eat?
Tiki cat pates are terribly overpriced for what they are, given that they do have gums that shredded version don’t. You can try Rawz if you’re looking for a good quality commercial wet, they will send you generous samples. Duck has salmon oil in it, but I don’t think other formulas do.

Tobermory

Staff Member
Purraise
I also feed the occasional can of Rawz. It’s very high quality...and very pricey. I pay $2.50 for a 5.5 oz. can at my local indy pet store.

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wrote to Rawz requesting for samples. Never thought that finding the right food for my furbabies is going to involve so much research..lol

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I add fish oil to all my cats’ meals, particularly the older two because of their arthritis. I used to use the Nature Made capsules (human variety) and just stuck a pin in the end and squirted it on their food. Now I use this one because it’s easier to use the pump bottle: Iceland Pure Pet Products Unscented Pharmaceutical Grade Sardine & Anchovy Oil Liquid Dog & Cat Supplement, 33-oz bottle - Chewy.com I do keep it in the fridge although you don’t have to. But I’ve never noticed that it does a thing to make them like their food any better. I’ve had to resort to a variety of toppers to bribe them to eat food they aren’t wild about.
I went ahead and ordered the oil. Thank you!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found with wet food it's best to have different brands and flavors on hand at all times and rotate daily lol. My cats were the same to, I went through sooo much wet food ugh. Picky beasts. On raw they are pretty good though Fynn still gets picky. The lil bugger. Except for TC feline he's addicted with that stuff lol. I would try to give something different daily, even just a different flavor of a brand. It will keep them from getting bored.

abbygail14

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you
I found with wet food it's best to have different brands and flavors on hand at all times and rotate daily lol. My cats were the same to, I went through sooo much wet food ugh. Picky beasts. On raw they are pretty good though Fynn still gets picky. The lil bugger. Except for TC feline he's addicted with that stuff lol. I would try to give something different daily, even just a different flavor of a brand. It will keep them from getting bored.
Thank you for the suggestion! I did not realize that I had to give them different varieties and ended up sticking with one brand. Lesson learned :-)

On a different note, Rawz offered to send me samples, TIki said they are no longer giving out samples. Dr.Elseys samples came in but unfortunately, my picky eaters would not touch their wet food. They seem to be ok with Tiny Tiger if I mix it with Fussie cat. Can't wait to get the Rawz samples.