Cat food mats

TardisDance

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat has a tendency to scratch her food mat when ever she is done eating or walks past. When she does this, the whole mat shifts on the floor (luckily her food plate doesn't flip over!). She's a very messy eater, understandably so, since she was a rescue from an abuse situation and has some missing teeth. I need to use some sort of mat to catch at least some of the food debris (she's special and still gets some on the floor!).

Does anyone have recommendations on a good non skid mat? I am using a small mat by Van Ness that's rimmed and shaped like a cat. It's supposed to be non skid, but they never met my cat LOL

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
I’ve had the raised dishes for years. I got them because we have one cat who’s tall and he was having problems with vomiting after eating. After I got the raised ones, he hasn’t had that problem again. I think I got them at Petco. That’s where I got the mats, too.

Babypaws

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I’ve had the raised dishes for years. I got them because we have one cat who’s tall and he was having problems with vomiting after eating. After I got the raised ones, he hasn’t had that problem again. I think I got them at Petco. That’s where I got the mats, too.
Thanks. I was in Petco a few days ago and looked at the dishes, they didn’t have anything like yours. I’ll have to keep looking around…I have 12 cats so I can’t afford expensive ones 😉

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Thanks. I was in Petco a few days ago and looked at the dishes, they didn’t have anything like yours. I’ll have to keep looking around…I have 12 cats so I can’t afford expensive ones 😉
12! Yeah, that could get expensive. I haven’t seen them in Petco lately. I’ve had those dishes a long time, they probably don’t carry them any more. :ohwell: