Cat Food Jelly

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has anyone a recipe for the jelly that does be in the cat food? I'd like to add extra to my cats food as they usually eat the jelly and leave the food.

Any advice would be appreciated.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has anyone a recipe for the jelly that does be in the cat food? I'd like to add extra to my cats food as they usually eat the jelly and leave the food.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Do you mean the aspic-like stuff that's sometimes in the cans? Kind of like gelatin?

I get similar stuff when I cook up meat for making cat food. (I bake the meat with some water -- about 1/4-1/2 cup, depending on how much meat there is -- in a glass dish that's tightly covered with foil.) I don't remember which meats make the most of it (and the thickest jelly) but for some reason I think chicken thighs produce a fair bit. (I also cook chicken breasts and various cuts of pork. They're all boneless.) You could also try just poaching some plain meat in water to make flavored water -- less water would make meatier water -- our cats like chicken thigh water added to their food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Blueberries33

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My mam actually said something similar thanks I'll try it out.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can buy powdered beef gelatin :)

Now Foods Beef Gelatin Natural Powder 1 lb

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat always eats the jelly first. It's her favorite. Thankfully, she'll eventually eat the rest.

No advice, just had to click when I saw the title.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat will still need cat food from the can or from a receipt with the things you need to add to it. It's very nice of you to make her favorite part, but do stir a little of the regular food into it.