Cat Food Deals Forum?

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel as if Chewy hasn't had any really good deals (Dr. Elsie's wet for for twenty so odd bucks) in a while. Am I wrong? Should I be looking elsewhere too?
Agreed. They had some great deals a month or so before Black Friday, but nothing too good after that, even the Black Friday deals were nothing to be excited about. They keep putting items in their "deals" tab that are not really deals Like they had a bunch of Friskies 24 packs that they "said" was on sale, but still at 12.99, which they normally sell them at. They just jacked up the "normal" price to make people think they were a $3-10 off. They also had fancy feast which they "said" was discounted, but wasn't a good deal.

Not sure where else to look because even some of the coupons for Petsmart/Petco do not reduce the can prices enough for me to buy.

Luckily, I have enough wet food to last until May, but if better food doesn't go on sale during that time, may start buying more Friskies because it is affordable.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Agreed. They had some great deals a month or so before Black Friday, but nothing too good after that, even the Black Friday deals were nothing to be excited about. They keep putting items in their "deals" tab that are not really deals Like they had a bunch of Friskies 24 packs that they "said" was on sale, but still at 12.99, which they normally sell them at. They just jacked up the "normal" price to make people think they were a $3-10 off. They also had fancy feast which they "said" was discounted, but wasn't a good deal.

Not sure where else to look because even some of the coupons for Petsmart/Petco do not reduce the can prices enough for me to buy.

Luckily, I have enough wet food to last until May, but if better food doesn't go on sale during that time, may start buying more Friskies because it is affordable.
I just picked up a few cans of friskies myself to see if Lydia is done with her "strike". Otherwise I guess I'll be loading up on Tiny Tiger as I think that's the cheapest thing she eats :ohwell:

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just picked up a few cans of friskies myself to see if Lydia is done with her "strike". Otherwise I guess I'll be loading up on Tiny Tiger as I think that's the cheapest thing she eats :ohwell:
Hope she eats the friskies! :cheerleader:

soleiil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I feel as if Chewy hasn't had any really good deals (Dr. Elsie's wet for for twenty so odd bucks) in a while. Am I wrong? Should I be looking elsewhere too?
There haven't been any great deals on Chewy for a while. I have been waiting for Target coupons (take x dollars off a minimum) to buy more Fancy Feast.

If anyone has Pet Supplies Plus near them, they post different coupons nearly every Friday or Saturday on their Facebook page. The coupon for this weekend is $15 off $70.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just in my local Pet Supplies Plus and they have some brands/flavors getting discontinued. Many are 50% or more off. The brands I remember were BFF and Muse cans for 54 cents. Not sure if discounts will be the same at different stores. Some dry food was also being cleared out.

soleiil

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Loyalcompanion.com is offering coupons for online orders through January 31. Use code TIMEFOR15 for $15 off $60, or code TIMEFOR5 for $5 off $30.

I have not used their online ordering before, but I like their brick and mortar stores. Sometimes I get similar coupons for in store purchases. I like to buy Rawz, and Hound and Gatos but the selection tends to vary in the stores around me.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies Shreds Variety Pack Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 32 at Chewy for $12.04, or about 20 cents/3oz. one flavor has cheese, some varieties fish. Not the best ingredients, but works for me because I still add something to pates to entice kittens to eat it.

Also, some varieties of fancy feast gravy lovers 24 pack are on sale on Amazon for $12.07 24-Ct Purina Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Adult Canned Wet Cat Food (Chicken Flavor) $12.10 & More w/ S&S + Free S&H Link says you have to do subscribe and save, but it us showing up that price as a regular order.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In addition to the new subscribe and save on food on amazon, there is a 40% off new subscribe and save on litter and another on healthcare items for pets. You may need to create pet profiles for them to show up. Unfortunately, Tidy cats is not included in the litter options. Does anyone have any recommendations for litter that is unscented and works similar to tidy cats free and clean unscented? I've heard people mention Dr. Elsey's and it is on there, so thinking of trying that.

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I've heard people mention Dr. Elsey's and it is on there, so thinking of trying that.
I haven’t tried Tidy Cat, but I used Dr. Elsey’s for years before I switched to a clumping grass litter and thought it worked really well. I’d get the occasional bag that was a bit dusty but in general, I found it low dust with good clumping.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven’t tried Tidy Cat, but I used Dr. Elsey’s for years before I switched to a clumping grass litter and thought it worked really well. I’d get the occasional bag that was a bit dusty but in general, I found it low dust with good clumping.
Great, thanks for the feedback!

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy:
Blue Buffalo Wilderness Chicken Grain-Free Canned Cat Food 5.5 oz, 24 pack $23.5 or less for S&S (~53 cents/3 oz.)

Friskies Prime Filets with Chicken in Gravy Canned Cat Food, 5.5-oz, case of 24 $10.02 (~23 cents/3 oz.)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's another deal :)

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chewy new and lower reduced price on Fancy Feast Gravy Lovers Poultry & Beef Feast Variety Pack Canned Cat Food, 3-oz, case of 24 $9.97 (~41 cents/3oz.)