Cat Food Deals Forum?

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not sure why pet food prices in general are through the roof. Then they wonder why so many cats and dog are taken to shelters. Some people cannot afford their pets food!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure if this is Crave specific, or just Petsmart specific...

But today I was grabbing a bag of litter at Petsmart and went cruising through their wet foods and saw that Crave 12 pk had a $5 off peelie coupon on the package. I'd never tried it, so for $7.99 I grabbed a turkey/chicken cuts in gravy.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it’s the best brand of wet cat food for its price! Has a lot of protein too.

Tillybug

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
PetSmart Canada also has Fancy Feast for 60c and $10 off if you spend $69 which brings it down to 51c a can if you want to stock up. I got 240 cans today for $120.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
PetSmart Canada also has Fancy Feast for 60c and $10 off if you spend $69 which brings it down to 51c a can if you want to stock up. I got 240 cans today for $120.
Which is really cool if you can ever do bulk, but I have no where to store anything in large quantities. We had a spare freezer at the last house from the landlord, but I had to buy a freezer to move into this house just to keep up with making the boys' cat food.
I have this really tight area of the lower pantry to do all the girls' food and the bag of snacks for everyone. If I can save 10-20 cents a can on anything, I usually end up just getting enough for free shipping.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Target has a $10 off $40 on select pet items if you do Target Restock OR instore pickup. Pet supermarkets are advertising $8 for Sheba Perfect Portions and I got it to $6.28 after taxes, but you can save another 5% if you use your Target Red Card. Mine is maxed.
I found this on Slickdeals and ordered my 6 boxes.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the information. I’m slowly trying to introduce Sheba to my cats. So far it gave diarrhea to one of them. I am feeding them Crave wet. It’s a bit better quality than Sheba, but of course, more expensive. I alternate with Rawz, which is really good!

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m slowly trying to introduce Sheba to my cats. I am feeding them Crave wet. It’s a bit better quality than Sheba, but of course, more expensive.
You can get the Crave with that Target deal. It's not as good as the few boxes I picked up with the $5 coupons while they were on sale, so the Crave was less than $8, but still it's better than full price. The girls enjoyed both. They get the turkey cuts in gravy and chicken cuts in gravy on both companies.
I can't always get them to agree on a pate. Nutro pate- nope. Same exact Nutro in "cuts in gravy"... YEP. I let them get away with drinking a few extra carbs because we do Dr Elsey's kibble.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tiny Tiger pate on Chewy is also doing 50% off your first
for those Chewy shoppers.

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don't know about Petco, but Petsmart sells Tiki Cat.
Really! I wonder if this is new because I can't find tiki cat at petsmart in Canada.
Thanks for the info, I'll check again!!

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was at PetSmart a few weeks ago. I was looking for Purina ProPlan grain free. I was going because the online price was $9.50. The shelf price was $14+.
I took this to the register and they matched the online price.

So, my lesson -- always check the app and online prices before you buy in store. IDK if other stores have these large price differences.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do. The gallon jug of Nature's Miracle was always way off in the store compared with the online pricing at Petco.

I learned my lesson on instore pickup with Petsmart though. They were promising me a 5% discount on the cat litter, and in the store it was $3 less per bag. I never order it online now.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Not really a CAT FOOD deal specifically, but I got curious about Petsmart's 'Treats' reward program the other day and downloaded their app...they've got a simple puzzle game on there that gives you discounts for playing. I got 10% off of $40 AND $2.50 off just for verifying my account. I bought my Crave with it.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pfft. They gave me the $2.50 in points, but not the 10% off $40 I could use on litter this week.

ETA AH HA I FOUND THE GAME