Cat Foam out of Mouth and Blood

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone,

In the past 3 weeks my 2 year old male, neutured cat, Blu, has been foaming out of his mouth with a bit of blood, coughing, and almost no actual vomit. He goes frantic, running around the house, because I think he can't breathe, and I catch a little bit of urine smeared across the floor here and there, and it absolutely terrifies me.

I took him to the vet twice, we did an x-ray (thinking he might have something stuck in his throat) and a blood analysis. Nothing was wrong, infact from both these tests he was very healthy.

However, the xray did show some hairballs so the doctor recommended I change his diet to royal canin hairball. Yet, he still has the same problem.

Has anyone ever experienced this? I feel like I have to take him back to the vet for an ultrasound but.. the bills. He is good at using his litterbox, drinks enough water, is energetic for a 2 year old and has a healthy appetite.

Oh, and literally a minute after his weird episode he acts completely fine! Rolling on his back, purring and eating as if he wasn't just choking to death!

Guys, please! I really need your help :(

kuuripu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Foaming at the mouth can be several things.
Be sure he can't get in Contact with any toxic chemicals, as this can cause him to drool and foam at the mouth.

Things like:
-dental issues
-anxiety attacks
-licking or tasting something bitter/ foul tasting

Can cause foaming at the mouth.

seeing that's there's blood in the drool as well as coughing, it doesn't sound very good.
The only way you'll find out what is really wrong is more vet trips to have the vet rule everything out.
Be sure he is up to date with his rabies shots as well as others.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Turns out what was happening is that he was having seizures. I only realized that a week ago when he went stiff and was twitching.

I still haven't taken him to the vet to see if he needs to be on meds, but I will as soon as I'm done with some personal stuff.

Seeing that his past blood tests and stuff were well and he doesnt have any other signs of troubles, I'm guessing it's epilipsy. :(

He's completely healthy though, still playful and happy.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my. I am glad he is still here. He definitely needs a vet check. The two things may or may not be related. Keep us posted. I hope you get some answers. :nod: