sterile saline
tick removal tool

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Thanks, strider rose strider rose ! This is a really handy thing to have. I would only add a few things to it...

pedialyte
canned pate style cat food
powdered KMR
plain, unblended chamomile tea bags

The first three are essential to keep a cat from hepatic lipidosis when they quit eating, and before you get to the vet.
The last can be brewed and chilled, then used as a wash for irritated skin, or internally (1-3 teaspoonful x3 per day, tablespoonfuls for cats over 11 pounds) as a calming agent, via syringe.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, strider rose strider rose ! This is a really handy thing to have. I would only add a few things to it...

pedialyte
canned pate style cat food
powdered KMR
plain, unblended chamomile tea bags

The first three are essential to keep a cat from hepatic lipidosis when they quit eating, and before you get to the vet.
The last can be brewed and chilled, then used as a wash for irritated skin, or internally (1-3 teaspoonful x3 per day, tablespoonfuls for cats over 11 pounds) as a calming agent, via syringe.
thank you for adding to the list ! i wrote the new items down to add to my kit when i start preparing it

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely add an antiseptic spray. They are so handy for the times the cat doesn't allow anyone to touch and/or for street cats.

I also highly suggest always keeping a few Fortiflora. It's good when you need probiotics but also when an appetite enhancer is needed.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The AVMA has a list of first aid supplies to have First aid tips for pet owners and a downloadable disaster preparedness brochure AVMA Store - Product Category

Check the kit once a year and throw out items that are expired / close to expiring or dried out or just doesn't look normal and replace them with new ones. FortiFlora and the tea bags mentioned above technically do have an expiration date but are fine to use if they haven't been stored in extreme conditions and the packaging isn't damaged. Nitrile and latex gloves do expire after a few years and get dry and brittle and tear apart when you try to put them on so check those as well. There's usually an expiration date on the package. If there isn't, write the date you purchased the gloves on the package and give it an expiration date 4 years out.

pedialyte
That should be unflavored Pedialyte.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
thank you for the tip . I am just now trying to get it together .. i havent bought the items yet

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I keep a list of what's on hand in the kit, with the expiration dates listed. It helps.