Cat Fever Not Going Down !!

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I start thred telling you guys that my cat sneeze alot and hes fever is so high it was 40.5 so i took him to the vet neer my house and he give him some doses and he was fine moving and eating in the morning the fever start agian so i took him to emergency fast they say he need to do cbc and chemistry test so they did it and everything was normal and good
But hes fever still high from yestrday they put him in the hospital he throw up hes food twice so they give him iv cephalic chatheter and stay for the night the vet call me he said hes fever down from 40.5 to 40 then in the night he fever from 39-40 he said maybe hes afraid or something they tell me they need xray to check then they tell me they found little Lung fluid
And i was so worried and crying that maybe FIP next day he call me he said hes fever still between 39-40 and they give him hes fav food and he ate it all i was so happy he it lest eat but i’m still worried about hes problem i cry the whole day just imagining he die or something every spot in my house has hes smell i’m not in English person but i hope you understand me i’m really afraid that something really dangerous hes little he only 3 years and i love him like my son :bawling::bawling:

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry your cat is sick, but it sounds as if you're doing everything possible. He's getting excellent medical care. It may just take time at this point. Hang in there and please don't forget to come back and update us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i didnt do anything its not enugh ..
i really hate my life without him is it possple that he have FIP
or something kill him :bawling::bawling2::bawling2:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only time and tests will tell. He is receiving good care, as long as he is eating and drinking, that is a really good sign. He could have pneumonia too, that would cause his symptoms. I have had several cats that have been SO ill, that the vet and I both gave up, we had done all we could, and they recovered.When cats get sick, they tend to get VERY sick, most likely because they are so good at hiding sickness from us for a long time. Ask your vet about a steroid shot, it is very good fro inflammation and a variety of things. All you can do is hope and pray at this point. My heart cries for what you are going through, I'll pray for that sweet boy to make a complete recovery, my thoughts are with you!

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My vet called me today he told me hes appetite is good but hes fever still 39
I’m thinking for taking him home and continue hes med and if something happen he will be in hes home with hes family :frown:

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello guys i came for the update
I put my cat on the clinc 4 days For high fever and sneeze i took him 2 days ago and hes fever is still stable and he give me clavamox for 10 days
He still sneeze but he breath better but it bother me when he sleep
He sleep all the time he wake up for eating and scratching then he sleep again i check hes tempture every 4 hours i was afraid he has something dangerous like FIP but since hes fever stable for 2 days i think not maybe he got some flu or something anyway
Do you think its normal he sleep alot
After what he been throw with iv fluids
And staying with other cat for 4 days or with hes sickness ?? I’m worried do you think i should give him sometime ?? When i should bring him to the vet agian ?? He eat only ones then he go back to sleep and he clean him self what do you think ??

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's normal for a cat to be sleeping a lot after going through that ordeal. He will need some time to recover. As long as he's eating and using the litterbox normally, I wouldn't worry too much about him sleeping a lot.

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my god the fever come back today to 40.5 i dont know what to do i pray everynight and ever hours for him

Lilyraghdlife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is the Clavamox antibiotic working at all?
I have no idea i start 2 days only he was ok breath from hes nose but that tempetrue today make me worried i put him agian in the vet