Cat Favoring One Paw

Chimera

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I noticed my cat limping just a little last night. He still is, and examining just now, I discovered what might be a small scratch, and it doesn't look to be too deep or serious of a wound. Is there any way I can clean and dress this myself without a trip to the vet?
20200805_083509.jpg

FlabbyTabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are some safe pet antiseptic sprays available at your vet or local pet store. I would clean the wound and apply the spray after he uses his litter box to avoid any bacteria that could potentially infect the wound. Doesn't look like an open wound, and no blood so that should heal right up with a little TLC!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chimera

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There are some safe pet antiseptic sprays available at your vet or local pet store. I would clean the wound and apply the spray after he uses his litter box to avoid any bacteria that could potentially infect the wound. Doesn't look like an open wound, and no blood so that should heal right up with a little TLC!
Thanks! Yeah, I cleaned it with some warm water and mild soap and you can't even tell there's a wound. I'll ask my mom if we can go to the pet supplies store today, maybe I can pick up some new toys for him as well ^u^

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
But keep a very close eye on it since those paws obviously go in places that aren't too sanitary. For it to hurt him bad enough to be limping, I'm wondering if it might be a puncture wound or something else that you can't really see. It seems a little unusual for a cat to limp over something that you say you now can't even see (like maybe it was just dirt). If he continues to limp, he might need to be seen be a Vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Chimera

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
But keep a very close eye on it since those paws obviously go in places that aren't too sanitary. For it to hurt him bad enough to be limping, I'm wondering if it might be a puncture wound or something else that you can't really see. It seems a little unusual for a cat to limp over something that you say you now can't even see (like maybe it was just dirt). If he continues to limp, he might need to be seen be a Vet.
He seems perfectly fine now. He's not limping anymore and acts like he never was. Starting to think he might just be a drama queen 😂 He was probably just barely scratched by our other cat, I assume it was somewhat like a paper cut where it hurts a LOT despite being a very minor, and otherwise harmless injury.