Cat Facts!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Since another member's cat got stuck up in a tree for days and thankfully got it's self down. I started looking up how long can a cat remain stuck up in a tree before the inevitable happens. The answer is a week.🙁

However there are some interesting cases of cat's living in trees, only coming down for food. In Bartoszyce, Poland there has been a cat living up an oak for SIX years. 😲
This cat is said to have been chased up the tree when he was a kitten and decided to stay. Locals in Bartoszyce, Poland, have to climb the tree to feed him, while the local fire brigade's efforts to rescue him have all failed.
Here is a pic of this tree loving cat. Isn't that amazing?
cat-up-tree-for-6-years-3.jpg

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Since another member's cat got stuck up in a tree for days and thankfully got it's self down. I started looking up how long can a cat remain stuck up in a tree before the inevitable happens. The answer is a week.🙁

However there are some interesting cases of cat's living in trees, only coming down for food. In Bartoszyce, Poland there has been a cat living up an oak for SIX years. 😲
This cat is said to have been chased up the tree when he was a kitten and decided to stay. Locals in Bartoszyce, Poland, have to climb the tree to feed him, while the local fire brigade's efforts to rescue him have all failed.
View attachment 368600
he looks super well fed lol the locals must really take care of him.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
he looks super well fed lol the locals must really take care of him.
Yup. There are very dedicated cat feeders in Poland who climb trees to feed cats. If my outdoor kitties expected that, forget it! Lol. I would have to make some type of a dumb waiter to lift food up to them. My outdoor kitties are spoiled enough, better not give them ideas! 😼😽😸

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 368600
WOw! I wish he had a tiny cat house up there.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one:

A cat named MIKE guarded the gates of the British Museum for 20 years until his death in 1929. He was notorious for having a strong dislike for women and dogs. He would only allow certain people to feed him, and even after he retired from his official duties in 1924, he would chase away wandering dogs that reportedly 'fled in terror' whenever Mike attacked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's one:

A cat named MIKE guarded the gates of the British Museum for 20 years until his death in 1929. He was notorious for having a strong dislike for women and dogs. He would only allow certain people to feed him, and even after he retired from his official duties in 1924, he would chase away wandering dogs that reportedly 'fled in terror' whenever Mike attacked.
That’s awesome!!!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
I like to share something interesting. I was sick on Saturday with some GI issues and joint pain. I had my cat who was purring away lay next to me, and honestly I felt so much better with the joint pain. Here are some interesting health facts about cats.🙂
Healing-Cat-Purrs.jpg

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know that male cats tend to have chubbier faces than females?
There was a woman that I worked with that could tell the sex of a cat by looking at their face. She said she was never wrong. One day I brought in 4 kittens that I was giving to a co-worker to take home. I showed her the kittens and she correctly told me the sex of each one.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, it has been awhile. Here us another fact.

This cat fact will really blow your mind. A study discovered that our little house cats share 95.6% of their genetic makeup with tigers! They also share a lot of the same behaviours such as scent and urine marking, prey stalking and pouncing.😺🐈🐅🐯

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, it has been awhile. Here us another fact.

This cat fact will really blow your mind. A study discovered that our little house cats share 95.6% of their genetic makeup with tigers! They also share a lot of the same behaviours such as scent and urine marking, prey stalking and pouncing.😺🐈🐅🐯
I think Gracie's other 4.4% is made up of dog and lemur. Boone's other 4.4% must be sloth. :lol: