Cat Facts!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about you guys, but I love random trivia, especially cat trivia! This is a thread dedicated to posting your favorite cat facts/facts related to cats!
ff772ea1cda6a18ee2463acba0dbd267.jpg

one of my favorite cat facts is that Isaac Newton invented the cat door because his cat kept scratching at the door to be let out/in and it wad interrupting his work.
so what are some of your favorite facts about cats?

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
One that I read before about the world's richest cat who had 7M pound fortune. His name was Blackie. When his millionaire owner passed away, the owner refused to recognize his own family in the will and instead left his fortune to his cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is another.
The first cat in space was a French cat named Felicette (a.k.a. “Astrocat”) In 1963, France blasted the cat into outer space. Electrodes implanted in her brains sent neurological signals back to Earth. She survived the trip.
Wow, that's really cool! I didn't know that, thanks!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And did you guys know about Stubbs?

He was said to be the "mayor" of a town in Alaska for 20 years, although some reporters say this was not true as that town was only a "district".
I did!!! What a cool town (or district)! How many people can say that their city is run by a cat!?

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Istanbul, Turkey is known as the City of Cats. The cat population there is estimated to be around 125,000. Cats are everywhere and are treated very well by the residents of the city. The cats are looked after, fed, given shelters and tnr has been performed to keep the cat population in check (although they have more work to do in this department.)

I attached an article about the Istanbul cats. I wish cats were respected and treated this way everywhere.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you know that it's suspected that cats think of humans as big, clumsy cats? Its thought that that might be way cats bring mice... They're trying to teach us how to properly hunt, and when the attack us when we try to pet their bellies, it might be because they're trying to teach us to defend ourselves :)

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Istanbul, Turkey is known as the City of Cats. The cat population there is estimated to be around 125,000. Cats are everywhere and are treated very well by the residents of the city. The cats are looked after, fed, given shelters and tnr has been performed to keep the cat population in check (although they have more work to do in this department.)

I attached an article about the Istanbul cats. I wish cats were respected and treated this way everywhere.
[/URL]
This is in my Bucket List. I hope I could be able to visit Turkey in the near future.

There is also one in Houtong, Taiwan. They call it Houtong Cat Village, also a tourist attraction obviously because of the cats. :)
It was one of the reasons I visited the place with my family last 2019, but was not able to go to the village due to very limited time.

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
The most tricks performed by a cat in one minute is 26, and was achieved by Alexis and Anika Moritz (Austria), in Bruck an der Leitha, Niederösterreich, Austria, on 10 June 2020.

Anika got Alexis when she was 11 years old and started the training a few weeks after her arrival. Alexis is described as trusting, loves to cuddle but also appreciates her freedom.

NOTE. I just put a few videos of Digga, known as the World's Most Talented Cat in my Favorite Cat Videos thread. Digga was in the Guinness Book of World Records in 2017 as the Cat who can perform the most tricks. She is amazing!🥰