`Cat😽Facts´

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Interesting read! # 5, #9, and #18 were all news to me!!
And, while I knew about #9, I will let Feeby know her primordial pouch serves a purpose (even if she isn't using it) - but, then again, given #14 & #15, she already knows that!!!

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned about those whiskers. When the cat wants to feel something, it sticks our those little balls that have the roots of the whiskers in them. This pushes all the whiskers to the front, and they make a brush straight across. Have you ever noticed that the whiskers are all different lengths? That's why. Several nights before I fall asleep, I can feel a gentle brush of whiskers all over my face; Mingo is checking me out.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm, the "near total darkness" hunting thing makes me wonder. My cats spend their nights in our furnished basement. Its heated and perfectly nice, I don't regard it as any sort of hardship for them. But I've always wondered whether I need to / should leave on a light for them. It gets very dark down there because the windows let in very limited moonlight.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm, the "near total darkness" hunting thing makes me wonder. My cats spend their nights in our furnished basement. Its heated and perfectly nice, I don't regard it as any sort of hardship for them. But I've always wondered whether I need to / should leave on a light for them. It gets very dark down there because the windows let in very limited moonlight.
LOL!! Actually, even though I knew this one, it doesn't stop me from making sure there is a night light or soft light on for Feeby to make her way to the litter box in the middle of the night!!! :lol:

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't know about that collarbone bit, what in the..?!

Specter is left pawed like me, but I also did not know they sweated at all.

I know they see very very well in darkness, but I leave her tablet on the ground at night for the sole purpose of rolling over and seeing what she's doing in the night because she wakes me up with very odd nightly activities.. Like mewing in a baby voice to SOMETHING. I don't know what, but it freaks me out.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL!! Actually, even though I knew this one, it doesn't stop me from making sure there is a night light or soft light on for Feeby to make her way to the litter box in the middle of the night!!! :lol:
I kind of knew it too, but have always wondered since the basement is darker than the outside would be. We aren't consistent about leaving a light on. No accidents either way, but I wonder if they are fully able to play with each other with no extra light. Not going down there at 3 am to find out lol.

SpecterOhPossum

spec's pet human
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I've heard that, but I don't believe it. It's more like checking to see if it's you in the dark. If I reach out and stroke him, he curls up right where he is and starts purring.
I think it depends, I've only met one cat who attempted this out of 13. The person in question was sick and knocked out, the cat truly did attempt to eat them and bit off quite a bit of skin I guess because the person seemed to be dead. I've never met any other cat who did this though.. But I wouldnt put it past mine!

Silver Crazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
14 is pretty obvious to all us cat owners I would think, the scientists should ask us..lol.
Embarrassment when they do something clumsy and you laugh at them, impatience when you not doing things quick enough, look of total disbelief on their faces when you do something stupid in front of them, being busy bodies when you trying to do something, manipulating every part of your life, approving or disapproving of your friends and relatives..you can go on and on.
They have more human brains than we realise..lol.