Cat eye problem

RPB

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat loves hanging out on the balcony, and today after she went back inside, she started squinting her right eye and rubbing it. I thought she might have gotten something in her eye, so I wiped her right eye with a warm damp cloth and went to work hopping whatever is bugging her might be better when I got home, but when I got home her eyes is still somewhat squinted and is a little bit watery. What should I do?

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
You can try to rinse her eye with some sterile saline or boiled water that has been cooled down (either one MUST be sterile). If it's still squinty after a day or so, I'd make a vet appointment because she may have scratched her eye. That can be quite painful. Or she may have something in it, the way we get eyelashes in our eyes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat loves hanging out on the balcony, and today after she went back inside, she started squinting her right eye and rubbing it. I thought she might have gotten something in her eye, so I wiped her right eye with a warm damp cloth and went to work hopping whatever is bugging her might be better when I got home, but when I got home her eyes is still somewhat squinted and is a little bit watery. What should I do?
Hopefully you have a good vet and can call and discuss the problem? They should be able to tell you whether or not she needs a checkup. And if possible you might send them a photo so that they can see her eye.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I would give it one chance as suggested with an eye wash and then consult the vet. It may only be something she met up with on the balcony, but if you can't help her it can progress to something more serious.