Cat Enema - when will he be “regular” again?

Lotusflwr79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Kidney disease would show up on bloodwork..Right??
It should. I don’t remember bc my cat was in the hospital when we first figured out what she had so they ran a slew of blood panels. But talk to your vet. They will guide you. Just let them know what your concerns are. Every cat is different just like every human. The experience my cat had could be different from what your cat has but constipation is definitely something to monitor daily. Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kellynorrrris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes hes had senior bloodwork
But I thought dry food made constipation worse
And how old is kitty
.Dont remember if you told in ure post or not
My vet explained that in some cats, dry food can make it worse. But in other cats, it’s a fiber issue.
For my 6.5 year old Pimento, he actually drank LESS water on wet food because he was still constipated and not feeling well. Now on this new food, he is feeling so much better and drinks tons of water. It’s different for every cat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kellynorrrris

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My vet explained that in some cats, dry food can make it worse. But in other cats, it’s a fiber issue.
For my 6.5 year old Pimento, he actually drank LESS water on wet food because he was still constipated and not feeling well. Now on this new food, he is feeling so much better and drinks tons of water. It’s different for every cat.
My vet has actually told me that the dry fiber diet works better than wet food diet in most cats he’s treated. But again everyone is different. I just know in my experience, Pimento didn’t drink on wet food because he was still sick and unhappy and the wet didn’t provide enough moisture on its own. With the new food his health is restored and he drinks so much.