Cat ear rashes help

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
First, welcome to TCS! :wave3: Second, that does not look good. Is he/she showing signs of discomfort, itching or scratching? I would encourage you to contact your vet as soon as possible. Here is an Article that discusses skin conditions in cats which might be helpful for you: Skin Conditions In Cats

Best of luck, please keep us posted on your cat's progress. :alright:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gemjinjosh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah, she always show signs of discomfort and the majority of it is scratching her own ear.. She's Sushi btw.. its been a while now when my younger cat transferred this skin condition to my cat who is sushi.. i dont have a vet and vet here is too far away.. i wish that i can cure this skin condition at home because of COVID-19 maybe i can buy some stuff to heal it cause Sushi is not looking good physically right now..😭

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
its been a while now when my younger cat transferred this skin condition to my cat who is sushi.. i dont have a vet and vet here is too far away.. i wish that i can cure this skin condition at home because of COVID-19 maybe i can buy some stuff to heal it cause Sushi is not looking good physically right now..😭
Did the problem in your younger cat resolve or do both cats have the skin condition now? I'm not sure if you live in the U.S. or another country but have the cats been seen by a vet in the past, e.g. vaccinations, routine physical exam, neuter/spay, etc.? Do you have a veterinary emergency clinic that you could drive to or have someone drive you to? Since you said she is not looking good physically now I would highly recommend Sushi be seen by a vet - is there a mobile veterinarian in your area who could come to you?

gemjinjosh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, they have the both stubborn skin condition and i don't know where they got it from.. my cats are all healthy but the skin irritations make them look dying from a disease, i live far away from us and mobile veterinarians didn't exists in my country.. and all of my cats since birth has been never touched by a vet yet..

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
One of our members Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 has had much success using this for skin conditions:

You might also try my old standby, chilled chamomile tea. Purchase bags from the store, brew a cup, chill it, and swab the spot several times a day. Chamomile, used like this, is both antibacterial and antifungal. Just be sure to use commercial tea bags. Those are ALL pure German chamomile, which is medicinally active and safe for cats in prescribed doses (they can have up to 3 teaspoonfuls, 3 times a day, and more for cats over 11 pounds) internally, so the amount your cat might manage to lick off would be fine. DO NOT, unless you are an expert in herbs, use chamomile from your garden. Much of that is the English variety, which is useless medicinally, and TOXIC TO CATS!

gemjinjosh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah i was hoping i can find a chamomile tea bags here.. if i get lucky then I'll try the method that mamanyt1953 said.. also the cat is doing fine and still happy everyday.. every cat is a sleepyhead and the sleep for the whole time.. ill update when i got those tea bags 😊

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for checking in with an update. We'll be anxious to hear if the Chamomile tea helps Sushi. :thumbsup: