Cat Dry Food Recommendation / Review

Meieiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I have been feeding my 3yo spayed cat Blue buffalo Salmon but my local Petco discontinued the brand ):, it is not available in amazon (in my country).

I was wondering if I should go back to the brand I used before, which is Purina Pro Plan, or try a new brand.

I am attaching pictures of the brands my local petco manages, any review of these brands would he very helpful. I appreciate recommendations of other brands but it's likely that I won't have access to it.

Thank you!!

Attachments

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! What country are you in?

Out of those choices, I would feed the Instinct brand. Do they only have the limited ingredient diet, or do they have other options from that brand?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Boy those price tags looks wild. I think ur in Puerto Rico or Mexico right? I think Petco’s are there and the US and that’s it. I would go with Merrick but not the salmon variety or the nature’s variety but again not the lid formula. Unless your cat needs to be on salmon only for allergies or sensitivities. But I prefer Merricks backcountry and nature’s variety’s raw boost formulas.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meieiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! What country are you in?

Out of those choices, I would feed the Instinct brand. Do they only have the limited ingredient diet, or do they have other options from that brand?
I'm in Mexico, they have a variety, but I don't remember which ones they carry

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
If they have the Instinct Raw Boost like cheesycats cheesycats mentioned, go with that on. If not, just the regular Instinct will do. It doesn't have to be the pricier LID unless your baby needs a limited diet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meieiei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Boy those price tags looks wild. I think ur in Puerto Rico or Mexico right? I think Petco’s are there and the US and that’s it. I would go with Merrick but not the salmon variety or the nature’s variety but again not the lid formula. Unless your cat needs to be on salmon only for allergies or sensitivities. But I prefer Merricks backcountry and nature’s variety’s raw boost formulas.
hahaha, i know, but 1 usd = 18.5 mexican pesos, not that crazy with the conversion. My cat doesn't need salmon but she prefers the flavor over chicken, but she would eat either one. Should I buy chicken instead?

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The raw boost instinct has other proteins in it. Menhaden fish meal is one.
They also offer a duck formula and a rabbit formula if your kitty would like those.