Cat Dropping weight

JoAultman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok, so my cat is dropping weight went from 11 to 7, she won't eat and blood test came back with digestion disease and she was stuffed up, meds were given, x-rays only showed the poop and nothing else, I have been giving her a 1m of food every hour and pedialyte, anyone else experiences this?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JoAultman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
they gave her a laxative, and pooped out quite a bit, she ate a little crunchy food a little wet

plus she is a bad cat and chews plastic bags and will chew thru a bag of new food, if I open the bag and give it to her she won't want it, I am trying baby food with the missing link and see how she does

How old is your cat?
9 years old, I have 15 rescues and I had her from a baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JoAultman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
2 months, they found the blood work was fine other than it said digestion disease

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
2 months, they found the blood work was fine other than it said digestion disease
I am sorry but that does not tell us anything about the tests that were run, nor how the vet concluded 'digestion disease'. Of course, any cat that loses that amount of weight in 2 months has some sort of digestion disease.

Is she vomiting? Does she have loose stools? What else is going on with her. What viruses has she been tested/vaccinated for?

We SO need more information to be able to help. Can you get test results to post here? Maybe that would help.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Digestion disease" can be any number of different things. Ask your vet what digestion disease your cat specifically has. Is it IBD? Lymphoma? Colitis? Ulcers? If your vet won't give you any specifics or answers, take your cat to another vet.

Dental issues can be painful and result in weight loss because the cat won't eat. Did the vet check the teeth?

plus she is a bad cat and chews plastic bags and will chew thru a bag of new food,

Put the bag of food inside of a food storage container or bin to keep your cat from chewing it. Or just keep the bag inside of a cabinet. Keep plastic bags out of reach. Supposedly some plastics contain fish oil or something made from fish which some cats find attractive.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
You have the right to all of the records from the current vet. They are yours and have to be handed over if you ask for them, free of charge. If you go to a new vet, take them. If you want to personally read them, ask for a photocopy of the chart.