Cat drooling in a cat backpack

Tuxedolove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A bit of background, my one cat would drool as a kitten when he’d see bugs outside, he’s since grown out of it but thought it was useful info for the following.

We got 2 cat backpacks to take our cats for walks in, they are full mesh so lots of air flow and breeze goes through. My one cat seems to enjoy it however I’m unsure about my other cat. He seems to start excessively drooling after a few minutes. He doesn’t meow or seem frantic, he just kind of sits there and looks around while there is a string of drool hanging from his mouth. I’ve done some googling and some say it could be motion sickness or anxiety but then others say that cats also drool when they’re happy and content so I was just curious if anyone else has experienced anything like this and what they found it to be linked to. (Side note we are going to the vet this week for a wellness check so I will also inquire there but thought I’d ask for similar experiences)

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my cats was a big time drooler when she was happy. Pet her while she was in your lap and you needed a towel. Since yours only drools while in his backpack, he just may be feeling good at that point. He may also have his mouth open to better absorb the scents of outdoors and drools in the process.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I tend to think that if he were experiencing motion sickness, he would be hunkered down, "meatloafing." When you say "just sitting there," do you mean sitting upright looking around alertly? If that's the case, then he's probably just enamored with the view.

Dimie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Drooling when happy comes with purring motion sickness drooling not. Look at breathing how the ears are positioned cats give off that they are not feeling well with body langauge. If ears are normal can but the same as before where they just drooled to seeing bugs ticks can return if the ears are lowered would say sickness but you would also notise it when they get out as motion sickness effects ones balance.
Hope that helps?