Cat Doesn't Like Variety :/

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your suggestions. Yesterday I tried to top the raw venison meat with his usual treats (freeze dried chicken) and he didn't touch it/them. It's frustrating!
That is surprising. I use Miko. It's just shredded chicken and broth only online
Or try some tiki or weruva at Petco. Read the ingredients. She might not like fish. Maybe it's the texture and the broth that my cat Maggie likes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

broutilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well I did that today and it worked! Showed him the lamb and he didn't want it, mixed in the chicken and after separating chicken from lamb and of course just eating the chicken, he ate it all! I remember that when I was feeding him kibbles it was Acana Grasslands and contained mainly lamb, so maybe that worked in my favor.
Anyways I'm extremely relieved somehow! Thanks all for your help.

broutilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That is surprising. I use Miko. It's just shredded chicken and broth only online
Or try some tiki or weruva at Petco. Read the ingredients. She might not like fish. Maybe it's the texture and the broth that my cat Maggie likes
The treats are freeze dried chicken only, nothing else and he loves them. However I think he didn't touch them because they soaked the juice from the venison meat...oh well.
I didn't see those brands in store but maybe it's because I live in Canada?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
The treats are freeze dried chicken only, nothing else and he loves them. However I think he didn't touch them because they soaked the juice from the venison meat...oh well.
I didn't see those brands in store but maybe it's because I live in Canada?
Miko is only online

broutilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I looked and they say that Miko is exclusive to Chewy.com, a US website that doesn't exist in Canada nor send products there :/

GalaxyGirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are other members here who feed pork who can comment on that.

I have had to cross chicken and salmon off of Krista’s list because of IBD. When she was at her worst, those were the two proteins she was eating all the time. She got a lot of relief switching to tuna (novel protein only has to be novel to your cat, not all cats) because Tiki Cat was the cleanest recipe I could find at the time. She’s very sensitive to all the gums. But she didn’t really start to turn around until she was eating Rawz and Rad Cat. Turkey mostly but rabbit lately. Sometimes duck. And even though salmon protein is on her no-go list, salmon oil has been a godsend for her. It’s the only arthritis relief that doesn’t soup her poops, and it makes her food worth cleaning the plate.
I feed pork no problems. Pork, chicken, salmon, and turkey are the proteins I rotate. Though I'm thinking of taking chicken out as the Dr. Elsey's Cleanprotain chicken is what I feed dry and I feed a lot of chicken raw and canned. I want to take it out as they have the dry about 2/3 cup daily.