cat delivered 2 kittens so far but not sure if there is more

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so I have a bit of a problem and was wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen. So onyx and Milo were being kittens and discovered new territory and knocked over the wax warmer and it spilled on milos back by his butt. Does anyone know of any easy way to get that wax out of his fur? I was thinking about just shaving it off but I'm scared to do that because the wax kinda has some skin bunched up and I don't want to cut him. I've been trying to brush it and comb it out and have gotten some. I've tried some vegetable oil which I found on Google but that doesn't work. Any tips? I put a warm rag on it to.see if that would help soften it up but that's the problem it's too soft. Had I been like candle wax I would be breaking pieces off but this wax melt is so so soft and you can't do anything with it. Any advice would be great.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would see if he tolerates an ice cube or cold pack. Maybe that would make this stiff enough to break up or cut away.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you can get wax off of a surface by placing a paper towel over it and then slightly heating it, like with a blow drying. It melts and is absorbed by the paper towel. Maybe this would work on this wax? You would have to be very, very careful not to let the blow dryer get too hot and burn.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome thank you both I will try both. I guess worse case it just will eventually grow out or Momma may help him clean it off since she still babies them from time to time

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok so this is not a question about my kittens this time and if I need to post elsewhere I will but it's not a cat at all its my dog, since I had that issue with my kittens and the worms I thought maybe someone that may know something about worms could tell me maybe what type of worm I just found in.my dogs poo. I didn't want to post the pic just yet until I know if it would be ok. Its a weird little worm I've not seen before

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They were moving as well. I never seen a worm that small. It doesn't look like the round worm Milo and Onyx had.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be tape worms. They usually exit in segments and look like grains of rice.

Tape worms occur when a dog or cat ingests a flea.

You'll want to show the pictures to your vet and get worm medicine for your dog.

You also want to treat your dog for fleas.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you. Do you know of panacur for cats and dogs is the same thing? I still have a little left from the kittens that I could get her started on

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Panacur is the same for both cats and dogs, but it will not kill tapeworms from fleas.

Pet stores sell Bayer tape worm pills for dogs, which is praziquantel:

Bayer Tapeworm Dog De-Wormer, 5-count

You can order it online, and some Pet Smart stores carry it.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually, Panacur will kill tapeworms from fleas. At least, everything I've ever known about it from using it on my horses.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You are correct! Panacur will kill flea tapeworms. There is another tapeworm it does not kill. I mixed them up! :)

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok cool I'm at petco now and I'm looking at this one that's Bayer quad dewormer and it also has that same medicine in it along with others. Its a lot cheaper too than just the tape worm med I'm guessing that should be ok? Also would you recommend something for fleas? I'm assuming I.will need to deworm the kittens and other cats as well and get them all on flea stuff. But something that's not to expensive since I need to treat a dog and 5 cats

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Screenshot_2017-07-05-13-12-59.png
Ok so that's for preventing them? Is there something to.kill them fast? I'm just trying to figure out the best way to eradicate them in my house and on them as fast as possible because I just treated my dog with that Bayer stuff and just noticed a worm part on mommas bottom so she's got worms now too I'm.assuming therefore I'm sure the kittens will have them again as with the other 2 cats. Are the bombs you set off in your house pretty effective? Any advice where I should start to get rid of this problem? I just don't want to keep going the this cycle and if I treat them and not the house they Wil just get worms.from them again. This is so frustrating also anyone had any luck with this product?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Capstar kills fleas over 6 hours. Advantage II kills and prevents. Capstar does not prevent.

So you do both of the above, and at the same time buy a can of Enforcer flea house/carpet spray, and spray floors and upholstery. Let it dry. This kills eggs and larvae.

Vacuum and wash all bedding and throw rugs in hot water. This kills eggs and larvae.

Repeat the whole thing minus the capstar in 2 weeks.

You'll be flea free! :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, and Bayer worm pills are for cats too. Give worm pills 2 weeks apart and you'll have no more worms.

desert82

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome thank you so much. I was reading about some if the chemicals in flea meds and if a person wanted to take a natural approach to this would that be effective? I don't think it's a bad infestation because we have only found 1 flea so far. I will use stuff with chemicals in it but have you heard any good about the natural stuff? Reason I ask is my wife bought some natural stuff today it has like natural oils in it