Cat dandruff?

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello :)! One of my three cats has a kind of “spiky” hair and I assumed it was dandruff because once I brush her fur and “wash” her with hypoallergenic wipes the hair goes back to normal for a few hours.
Her fur does seems to be shiny,especially when the light hits on her skin but other times she looks like an old cat although she is just one year old.
(Pd: I brush her daily (a plastic brush and a fulminator) also I’ve been feeding her with salmon oil)
As I said before I suppose it’s dandruff because this spiky hair is in her spine where she can’t almost reach and what’s worse is that I can’t find dandruff because she’s white…

My other two cats have a different fur type,the oldest one who is 17 months old has dense fur and the kitten who is 6 months old has a really shiny black and brown hair.

In the last picture she seems obese,but she is not it’s just the angle and how she was sitting (her weight is 4,2kg)

Attachments

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you share a closeup of what you think is dandruff? Dandruff in cats looks pretty much exactly like dandruff in humans — small flaky bits of skin in the fur. It shouldn’t much affect the way her coat lays.

As it is, she just looks like she needs a good brush, and possibly a better diet, as her fur looks quite dull on the later photos you shared. That may just be down to her needing a good brush, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natalusky29

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can you share a closeup of what you think is dandruff? Dandruff in cats looks pretty much exactly like dandruff in humans — small flaky bits of skin in the fur. It shouldn’t much affect the way her coat lays.

As it is, she just looks like she needs a good brush, and possibly a better diet, as her fur looks quite dull on the later photos you shared. That may just be down to her needing a good brush, though.
Hi,thanks for the advice so much!
I’ve been brushing her for a couple of days and today her fur is silky and not spiky :) I posted this because I thought her fur was kind of sick but she only needed a daily brushing and a couple of days so that I could see the difference