Cat dandruff.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Besides bubbles being displaced at the moment, I have another cat that has dandruff. Does anyone have a product that really works and doesn’t cost a small fortune

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It may be something as simple as brushing your cat a few times a week and/or adding an omega-3 supplement to his/her food.
The brushing will help remove dead skin cells and move the natural oils around the skin. The supplement is used to promote, among other things, skin health. I don't use such a supplement with Feeby, so I can't recommend a specific one, but there are tons on the market, and I do recall some members using human grade omega-3 supplements for their cats.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have used red salmon oil, a couple of sprays on the food each day. I have also had success by rubbing coconut oil on the tips of my fingers and massaging into the cats skin. It left the coat a little greasy for a few days but cleared the dandruff and as said above, daily brushing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will see if I can find some salmon oil for her food and help ease her discomfort until her vet visit on the 25th.