Cat Cyst, Cat's bottom lip swollen??

mycatisnamedruby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
C697E097-A34C-4262-8312-79AE75B86408.jpeg

My cat woke up with this on her lip. She is also extremely itchy, yawning excessively, and licking/smacking lips. Might not be related but this was her first week of eating Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit. On Royal Canin she was regurgitating and on American journey she had soft stools and threw up bile. She got this a few months back when she was on Royal Canin and it cleared up within a week but she had none of the symptoms I stated earlier.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What kind of dish are you feeding her in? It looks like an allergy of some sort, especially with her history. I would feed her on small paper plates for a while, or glass dishes, to rule that out. smacking the lips is usually nausea. I would try something like Fancy Feast with extra gravy in chicken or turkey and see if that helps.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mycatisnamedruby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What kind of dish are you feeding her in? It looks like an allergy of some sort, especially with her history. I would feed her on small paper plates for a while, or glass dishes, to rule that out. smacking the lips is usually nausea. I would try something like Fancy Feast with extra gravy in chicken or turkey and see if that helps.
I feed her in ceramic dishes. Is that a problem? My vet actually recommended I stay on Hill's Prescription Diet w/d Multi-Benefit for a while to see if her vomiting and bowl issues get better. Should I bring up switching again?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It depends need how long, you have to be on a new food for at least a month to see if it is helping. Ceramic is fine. I would call them and get the Email or make a physical copy and bring it in.