Cat Crying

Kiowakaykay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
As you may be guessing, I have a cat that cries. A lot. I notice she does it because she’s most likely bored, but the only thing that seems to entertain her is going outside. She’s gotten acquainted with a neighborhood stray who was meowing at our door last night (he’s a regular, but I’ve never fed him or left out tuna or anything like that) and it’s made me wonder: What can I do to alleviate her boredom? She takes no interest in toys, and if I try to take her out on a harness, she slips out of it and tries to run off. I was considering getting a second cat, but there’s the issue of my mother and the fact that she HAS lived with another cat before, but the other cat had been living there longer than she has and when i tried to introduce the two, they didn’t particularly get along. They stayed out of each other’s ways, but Bessie (my cat) was far more territorial than my brother’s shy, declawed cat. What I’m asking for is a possible solution, since I’m kind of at a loss here.

Frank123

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first question that comes to mind is is she spayed? Her crying may be her wanting to get out to find a mate. Also, the fact that a male cat is showing up at your door indicates to me that she is attracting male cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiowakaykay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The first question that comes to mind is is she spayed? Her crying may be her wanting to get out to find a mate. Also, the fact that a male cat is showing up at your door indicates to me that she is attracting male cats.
She is spayed, however we believe there was some leftover ovarian tissue left over that’s making her do this. She’s gotten out before and I assume that’s why she’s attracted an entourage.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Has she been diagnosed with Ovarian Remnant Syndrome? It sounds very much like this could be the cause. If so this behaviour isn't going to stop, and the Toms will continue to come to the door.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiowakaykay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Has she been diagnosed with Ovarian Remnant Syndrome? It sounds very much like this could be the cause. If so this behaviour isn't going to stop, and the Toms will continue to come to the door.
I'm probably going to be taking her to the vet relatively soon.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sounds like a plan. ;)