Cat Constantly Moving Her Food From Her Bowl?

SeanS

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

So for the longest time, whenever my cat gets something she enjoys to eat. She'll pick up the food out of the bowl and move a few inches away to eat. She'll do this and some chunks of food will fall on my carpet. I do have a little mat around her bowl, but she does move just far away for it to not reach my mat.
Anyone have any advice what I can do about this?

She only does this with food she likes, her normal small food, she doesn't move. She eats from a fairly wide Porcelain bowl.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just one of those cat quirks :crazy: A bigger mat may or may not help. There isn't anything you can do to teach your cat to not pick food out of the bowl and eat it elsewhere. Just keep a small hand vac or paper towels around to clean up any mess.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SeanS

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just one of those cat quirks :crazy: A bigger mat may or may not help. There isn't anything you can do to teach your cat to not pick food out of the bowl and eat it elsewhere. Just keep a small hand vac or paper towels around to clean up any mess.

Yeah she has being doing that for years, just want to keep the place clean since I just moved. But oh well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SeanS

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi!

Maybe try a different material larger mat?
I tried moving it to a corner, but it would have to be a pretty large mat since she moves the food around a bit, if she really likes the food.