Cat colour

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not positive on this but, it kinda looks like smoke torbie with white. It's really kind of hard to tell if that's smoke or maybe blue from the pics. I think a pic from the side with him standing may be helpful. I'm sure someone else will be along and can weigh in as well. Did you get him from a breeder, because he's an excellent lookalike to a Maine Coon if you didn't. He looks full blooded to me. Torbie is also rare on a male as well as 3 colors. It's a unique coloration on him. He's a beauty for sure.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His head looks bluish, the darkest on the stripes bluish too, not black, at least on some pic, but the warm brownish places are sooner typical for brown tabbies - having typically black in the darkest places. (that is why some poster though him a tortie - these warm brown, almost reddish - nay its not a true red color).
Anyway, you being there and seein him in good light, you must decide what exact color is the darkest places on his stripes. Blue/grey or black?

His tabby pattern is classic tabby. The white under the mouth comes often with being tabby, its not a true white spot.

The quadratish muzzle is a typical Maine Coon. If he is biggish too, you dont need to hesitate his parentage.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
yeah the side pic helped a lot. The pic on the couch he looked to me to be a darker solid color. I thought I was seeing white at the base of the hair but, it was the brown being concealed by his position I think. The face pics looked to be more bluish in color. In the standing pic he looks more blue and the tabby pattern stands out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sal890042

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for all your help