Cat collars

JulietteTruong

Sassy but sweet calico girl
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

What is your choice of kitty collar? I’ve been looking around for a good collar that is cute but also safe and practical.

A lot of the ones with the safety release feature tend to come undone too easily I feel. I’ve gotten ones that came off just from the cat scratching it. Of course, I’d rather one with a safety release instead of those without. Are there any that are somewhere in between? Something that stays on the cat, but also doesn’t have any risks of choking.

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had this problem too. My last cat who was an outside cat went through so many breakaway collars.
A few members on here recommended the beastie band.
I think it’s been a couple of months since they started wearing them and I really like them.
They’re made of neoprene so they will stretch if need be, but they won’t fall off.
they also come in several different colors and patterns.
Also, heads up, if you decide to order through Amazon, you won’t be able to select the color. You can select the pattern, but the color is random.
I found this out the hard way after ordering a cute pink one for my girl and got black. :lol:
Not sure if that’s the same thing through their website.
P.S. The kitty in your avatar is adorable!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats are both indoor cats and chipped but wear a collar so that if they bolt out the door people know they have an owner. Even indoor cats need some id that is visible if they get out by accident. The general public don't carry scanners with them. And my cats are so friendly they would likely follow someone home.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a beastie band on Delilah with a sliding tag (not hanging tag) and a small bell even though to her, "outside" is a 4 letter word. But the bell generally gives me an idea of where she is in the apartment.