Cat carrier vs Cat stroller?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hello,

I have to toss my two cat carriers. I am looking to buy new ones. But ran across a cat stroller. I have back problems. So i figure i can put my two cats inside during vet visits.

I have a big pet tube in the back seat of my car that both cats and a litter box fit. Just need something to get them into the vet office, and to be in during the vet visit.

Just wanted to know if anyone has used a pet stroller and if they recommend it.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister in law has a stroller for her chihuahuas she got hers for vet visits because a taxi wouldn't let the dogs in even in a crate. She loves it the dogs like it too she said it's a lot easier than crates or carrier's and told me I should get one for Patches.The carrier I have is heavy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister in law has a stroller for her chihuahuas she got hers for vet visits because a taxi wouldn't let the dogs in even in a crate. She loves it the dogs like it too she said it's a lot easier than crates or carrier's and told me I should get one for Patches.The carrier I have is heavy.
Thank you!

Been looking around Amazon. The only worry i have is, do you think a cat would try to jump out of i open the stroller to put the second cat in?

My cats behave pretty well. And I've carried them in my arms while being outdoors, just worried. They're indoor cats.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Would a carrier with wheels be helpful? I have an older version of this: https://www.amazon.com/Bergan-Wheeled-Comfort-Carrier-Large/dp/B00V54CZ7G

A thread with wheeled carrier suggestions:

I'm not sure what a pet tube is? You really do need a carrier of some sort to contain the cats in the car so they don't bolt when you open the car door. You never know what a stressed out cat will do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would a carrier with wheels be helpful? I have an older version of this: https://www.amazon.com/Bergan-Wheeled-Comfort-Carrier-Large/dp/B00V54CZ7G

A thread with wheeled carrier suggestions:

[/URL]

I'm not sure what a pet tube is? You really do need a carrier of some sort to contain the cats in the car so they don't bolt when you open the car door. You never know what a stressed out cat will do.
This is what i use in my car:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000HVV3OE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Uf0wFb8KR7YGA

Thank you for the links! I will check them out now.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am following this thread because I am trying to convince my husband I should get a stroller to take at least Gracie on walks. He sees me and the boys having to go up and down the stairs with Gracie (and sometimes Boone) in a laundry basket because she enjoys that so much. I think she would love the outside scenery.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you!

Been looking around Amazon. The only worry i have is, do you think a cat would try to jump out of i open the stroller to put the second cat in?

My cats behave pretty well. And I've carried them in my arms while being outdoors, just worried. They're indoor cats.
You would have to stay on guard for that happening with cat's but I would think as you put the second cat in it would block the exit. As long as it's only opened when you have the second cat ready to be placed inside. I didn't think about that. I would do some practice runs were it's safe or maybe use a harness for them both just to be on the safe side that way if you have a excape artist they aren't going anywhere.