Cat canned food carrageenan free for urinary issues!

sawa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Rory has now been home for 4 days since his urinary obstruction. He is peeing now and has finished his pain meds, he is still on antibiotics and muscle relief medication but he is almost done! Hopefully he fully recovers soon, he has been changed to a new prescription diet but he gets very bored easily with his food. I do mix things up a little, and mix in some water to add some extra moisture. Bowls of fresh water and fountains of water are easily accessible to him to keep him moisturized and hydrated!
Now, The vet did give some samples of urinary care types of canned food but a lot of them contain the ingredient “carrageenan”. I know Royal canin mussels in gravy is carrageenan free alongside some of the Hill’s C/D urinary care (not all of them) what are some suggestions for carrageenan-free urinary care formula canned foods for cats? I’m trying to avoid this ingredient as it can cause some inflammation in the intestines and I want to eliminate it as I was doing before his diet.
Any suggestions?

Babypinkweeb

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's not specifically for urinary issues but Rawz pate do not have any gums at all!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Royal Canin Urinary SO Morsels in Gravy does not contain carrageenan. Neither does Hill's Prescription Diet C/D Multicare Urinary. Nor Purina Pro Plan FOCUS Urinary Tract Health Formula Chicken Entree. Ditto with Wysong Uretic with Organic Chicken Canned Cat Food. That's all the ones I know that are specifically for urinary care.