Cat calming down after neuter

master tabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just had my black kitten almost cat, fixed the other day. His name is Shadow, because you can't see him if is eyes aren't open on any dark surface. He was hell on wheels. I have an Orange Tabby Tiger also male and fixed and weighs about 20 lbs and is a gentle giant. When we play fight he never uses his claws and doesn't bite hard. But Shadow the little devil would constantly attack him, even though the is about 17 lb difference. Tiger would put him down, but after a while I could hear Tiger getting stressed so let him out on the porch. Then his next victim was me.  I don't want him to be lazy, but the fighting for who is king of the house needed to end. It's only been two days and he has played a little but the bad fights have ended and we will see what happens as time goes by.  I just hope he retains his personality because he is funny as hell and he makes my older cat Tiger play more and sometimes acts like a kitten now and then.  Tiger is the Master of the house and hope Shadow finds his place.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear you've had such a good result from neutering in such a short time. I'm sure things will continue to improve as Shadow's hormones stabilise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Miriette

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Seeing this post was actually really reassuring. My Lucien is getting neutered on Tuesday and he acts pretty similar to Shadow, and having to stop him from irritating my other cat and going after my feet can be a pain. I hope Lucien starts to settle down after his neutering too. I'm sure Shadow will retain his personality just fine! He'll still want to be a kitten and play; he'll just be less obnoxious about it now that his hormones are leveling out.