Cat bullying kitten

Macaron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a kitten who is about 5-6 months old and my older cat(a little over a year old) bullies her so bad,they are both females but the cat who bullies gets along with my other female cat and the kittens brother, my kitten is so scared to go around her and we have even had two accidents of her peeing on the couch or the bed(we think from anxiety or fear) what is going on and how can i fix this

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Where do you have the litter box? When I rescued Coco she was under the couch for 3 months. She would move from there to across,under the TV depending on where Maggie was. So I had to keep moving the box back and forth. One time I forgot so she peed on the floor. For almost a year Maggie hated her. She would chase,hiss, growl,and swat. Coco has never hissed in 4 yrs. She will not stand up for herself. Now Maggie tolerates her. It took a long time. Some cats it only takes a few days to adjust. So, since she goes on your bed,put one in the bedroom.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have at least two litter boxes! The aggressor cat can only guard one! Put them in different rooms. Good luck and provide updates!

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I would add at least 2-3 more litter boxes ... number of cats plus one - and also add more water stations ... make sure there are lots of places to hide - cardboard boxes with holes work well and are popular for play. Being able to get out of each other's line of sight is important for cats ... even the ones that get along . Make your home cat friendly ... put up some cat shelves, get a few play trees or ... make some dressers/shelves cat friendly and create high perches and hidden caves. Tunnels work well to allow a scared cat to cross a room without being out in the open. I would start introductions over ... have the little one in another room with her own litterbox and only allow interaction sparingly through a gate, under a door for a while ...

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've put up a sheet that reaches the floor along a table or a row of chairs to make a "pathway" where cats can move along without seeing each other or being seen, to decrease encounters. Inconvenient but it helps.
But first I'd start an introduction over with the little one in a bathroom or other room by herself and introduce slowly, going by the article above by Furballsmom Furballsmom .
And I agree with having one more litterbox than number of cats at all times.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats love to hide to feel safe but one unfortunate thing about it is that once your kitten hides and is found by the older cat,she is trapped. Be sure she has somewhere to jump higher even if its furniture. Whenever my cat Maggie is chasing one of my cats she stops as soon as they jump higher. Peaches and Coco keep an eye out for her instead of hiding. Also have clicker trained Maggie to come when called. That has worked when ever Maggie is bothering them