Cat breed

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I was wondering if anybody could identify the breed of my new kitten? He is white all over with grey tiger striped patches.
60EEB649-ABAE-46F8-BAED-987892997908.jpeg
52983668-C0FB-426F-9659-B48891B32A66.jpeg
52983668-C0FB-426F-9659-B48891B32A66.jpeg
60EEB649-ABAE-46F8-BAED-987892997908.jpeg
AA954FEB-E14F-442D-B5CC-DB129BFADA73.jpeg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Very nice sweet cat. Alike most others, he is a domestic. No apparent look alikehood to any established breed.
So, domestic shorthair, brown tabby and white, in the Van pattern.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't find any traits on this one that would point to a pure breed admixture of any sort. It's a DSH - Domestic Shorthair.

Also that cat is pregnant.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can't find any traits on this one that would point to a pure breed admixture of any sort. It's a DSH - Domestic Shorthair.

Also that cat is pregnant.
Lol no he’s just fat. I’ve seen his balls

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol no he’s just fat. I’ve seen his balls
Sometimes a female cat can have skin around the vagina that appears to be balls. They're not huge and hanging like a dog's so with a cat sometimes even vets make a mistake.

When I say the cat is pregnant, I'm looking mainly at the position of the belly bulge (it's low) and the pink nipples.

That said, the cat's face actually appears masculine to me.

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sometimes a female cat can have skin around the vagina that appears to be balls. They're not huge and hanging like a dog's so with a cat sometimes even vets make a mistake.

When I say the cat is pregnant, I'm looking mainly at the position of the belly bulge (it's low) and the pink nipples.

That said, the cat's face actually appears masculine to me.
I have female cats too though and I have not seen a vagina like they have. So idk honestly, he was very skinny when we rescued him and he eats a lot of food.

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have female cats too though and I have not seen a vagina like they have. So idk honestly, he was very skinny when we rescued him and he eats a lot of food.
Lol you were right. The cats a girl. And pregnant. And I feel ridiculously stupid that I didn’t see a vagina on the cat.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Lol you were right. The cats a girl. And pregnant. And I feel ridiculously stupid that I didn’t see a vagina on the cat.
You shouldn't feel stupid. There's a thread on this very forum I posted in (but I can't find it) where someone else thought they adopted a male cat but it is in fact a female.

Maybe Jeffred can find it; he posted in it too. They showed us a picture of the cat's back end and there wasn't a consensus. I thought it was a little ambiguous but ultimately I said female.

But here's the bottom line: All cats have a slit. In female cats that slit represents the outside of the vagina. In male cats, the penis is inside of the slit.

Not that different!

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You shouldn't feel stupid. There's a thread on this very forum I posted in (but I can't find it) where someone else thought they adopted a male cat but it is in fact a female.

Maybe Jeffred can find it; he posted in it too. They showed us a picture of the cat's back end and there wasn't a consensus. I thought it was a little ambiguous but ultimately I said female.

But here's the bottom line: All cats have a slit. In female cats that slit represents the outside of the vagina. In male cats, the penis is inside of the slit.

Not that different!
Yes my mistake was because the vagina was almost like, folded inwards? And all I saw was the two lumps of skin on the outside of it. With my other cats you can see it just by lifting up the tail. In regards to this cat, her stomach is very firm and she has dried milk around her nipples that I can notice now, am I correct in assuming she is due soon?

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How long has she had that pinkening?
I can’t exactly say when, but we brought her in around two months ago and she hasn’t had outside contact since then so she had to have gotten pregnant before we brought her indoors.

Dreamerstar

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can’t exactly say when, but we brought her in around two months ago and she hasn’t had outside contact since then so she had to have gotten pregnant before we brought her indoors.
So based on the average pregnancy lasting up to 67 days I know she can’t be far away

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you bring her to the vet. You need to feed her kitten food and a ton of it. Id also ask about her age because she looks like an adult to me.