Cat bored of wet food?

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say my cat is picky, she loves wet food more than dry but still eats dry. I'm wondering if she might be bored of her food? her dry kibble is meow mix grain free and she tolerates it ( as in she eats it if I don't let her begging for wet get to me lol) her favorite wet food is friskies. Her flavor of choice is anything with chicken. I just stocked up on food a few days ago and she's only been licking the gravy and maybe eating half of her bowl. She eats all of the dry I put out. Does anyone know if Friskies has changed anything with their wet food? I'm tired of throwing away half eaten food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi! I think both Friskies and Fancy Feast change things - I'm having something of the same thing with my furry boy.

Try some variety, either flavor, consistency or even brand of canned food.

These might help;
CatFoodDB - Cat Food Reviews to help you find the best cat food for your cat

Canned Cat food Spreadsheets
Thanks!

not to alarm you but I am reading how some friskies canned food has been making cats sick. My cat seems fine but it is strange how she won't eat all of her food anymore. I'm going to purchase another brand.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Does the Friskies seem more grainy? I don't buy it, but I do buy Fancy Feast and the texture of it seems a lot less smooth - and Feeby doesn't like it as well at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Zylalove18

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Does the Friskies seem more grainy? I don't buy it, but I do buy Fancy Feast and the texture of it seems a lot less smooth - and Feeby doesn't like it as well at all.
The texture has definitely changed- I usually buy her shreds and the last few cans has weird shaped meat! almost the shape of pickles you get on a fast food burger. I'm alarmed now because I read forums on reddit where a certain lot number of friskies wet food has killed cats! the lot number matches the cans I've been feeding my baby. I'm never buying friskies again. I'm so happy she's not sick!