Cat Book Recommendations

MMCat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I thought I had posted this earlier today, but can't find the thread anywhere anymore, so here it goes again:

I am getting an exotic longhair in a few weeks and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for books for a newbie cat owner to read in order to get a good overview of what I need to know to raise a healthy, well-behaved cat. Of course I can do forum searches, etc. but it is a lot easier if I have a good book I can just open up and read. And there are probably a lot of unknown unknowns I am unaware of so I wouldn't even know to search for them (for example I was unaware that anyone even brushed their cats teeth, so I would not have thought to do that on my own and I just happened to stumble across this information).

Thanks so much!

strider rose

cat toy lady and cat mom to 3
Top Cat
Purraise
basic cat care books mostly , maybe look up your breed and get those type of books ? i hope that this was helpful ?

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A book that isn't so much about maintaining your cat but more so about how to read their behaviour, understand them and provide conditions for them to thrive is total cat mojo by Jackson galaxy. I read that when I got my first "my sole responsibility" cat and it was a huge help. And we are all better off for it. Happy cat, happy me :)

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Decoding Your Cat
American College of Veterinary Behaviorists
editors Herron/Horowitz/Siracusa

The Cornell Book of Cats
Cornell Feline Health Center, Cornell University
Mordecai Siegal editor
There may be new editions of this.