Cat Body Types & Throwing up

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually I have given up trying to beat the dog and just look at is as being easier on me!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my3boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Sandie
Actually I have given up trying to beat the dog and just look at is as being easier on me!!
Way to go Sandie, I used to do the same thing, after all, I have seen my dogs eat much worse & disgusting things. LOL!! Besides they don't very often get a hot lunch. Unfortunately my dog now thinks it to disgusting for him.

tamako

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, but this thread caught my attention.
I have 1 dog, 3 cats. All of which used to vomit.

The dog has a "delicate" system, to put it mildly. We put her on Nutra's Natural Choice Dog food. As long as she sticks to that and homemade foods, with no wheat, corn or preservatives, she's fine.

My three cats continually used to throw up. Ones lean and small, the other two are big. I used to feed them commercial food off the grocery store shelf (like Purina cat chow, etc.). Last summer, on a whim, I switched them to Natural Choice cat food and my own homemade food. The vomiting stopped within the week. They don't even hack up hairballs anymore!

Cats and dogs can't tolerate wheat, corn, soya, and in many cases, the food coloring put into commercial foods. Also, the preservatives and by-product meats in many commercial foods cause a huge amount of problems in animals.

Try feeding them only homemade foods that don't contain the above ingredients. You can find some recipes on my site that you can try out and see if this helps ( http://www.goofusroofus.com/recipes.htm )It doesn't have anything to do with body type. It's what's contained in the food your giving them that's the problem. Animals can be allergic to certian foods just like people.

I hope this helps out somewhat.

Rose

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the info Rose - that's very interesting. I just visited your site - it's very nice! You can add a link to your site as part of your signature - if you like I'll do it for you.

Glad you joined us!

kaaren sander

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ineresting idea but, I'm lucky to get meals cooked for the humans in the house. Can't imagine cooking for 11 cats and a dog. I do find we have less cat puking if I stick with something like Purina cat chow and avoid the things with artifical coloring like Meow Mix. And no, I don't work for Purina

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

my3boys

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well ok, I guess you have all convinced me that its not a certain body type that throws up more frequently than others. I do home cook for my dogs, but I keep thinking that home cooking for the cats would be harder, I feed California Natural which has Chicken, Chicken meal & brown rice, naturally preserved & of course the vitamins & minerals, its created especially for cats that have allergies, but mine still throw it up. I am going to give home cooking more thought, however its also the pills that gives me shudders, so ok, tell me how to give a cat a pill, Lets get serious here, I weigh almost 10 times more than my cats & with my husbands assistance, its still a war that lots of times they win.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Do you mind if I start a new thread for this? It's a very good question and I'm sure lots of people would like to answer. You can keep posting in this thread for the vomiting issue.