Cat body temperature decreasing. Please help

Dheeksha

Black Cats are full of love ❤️
Alpha Cat
Purraise
12 days ago Snowy suddenly became ill. He had thrown up his food. And his temperature increased to 103F. I immediately took him to the vet he said it might be a bacterial infection and gave an antibiotic shot and anti nausea shot. Prescribed oral antibiotic amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate 2.5 ml twice daily. From the next day onwards his temperature started to reduce. It came to 99.1F. I kept heating pads and all. His body temperature got increased slightly. It doesn't show anything in his fecal, blood and urine reports. But his temperature is constantly fluctuating between 99.1 and 100F. He looks dull and weak. Now his temperature has come to 99.1F . The vet said it might be a viral infection. He's not vaccinated. But if it's viral it would have transmitted to all my other cats by now. I want to know what are the possible causes of secondary hypothermia. He has urinary tract issues. He's only spraying now a days.

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
12 days ago Snowy suddenly became ill. He had thrown up his food. And his temperature increased to 103F. I immediately took him to the vet he said it might be a bacterial infection and gave an antibiotic shot and anti nausea shot. Prescribed oral antibiotic amoxicillin and potassium clavulanate 2.5 ml twice daily. From the next day onwards his temperature started to reduce. It came to 99.1F. I kept heating pads and all. His body temperature got increased slightly. It doesn't show anything in his fecal, blood and urine reports. But his temperature is constantly fluctuating between 99.1 and 100F. He looks dull and weak. Now his temperature has come to 99.1F . The vet said it might be a viral infection. He's not vaccinated. But if it's viral it would have transmitted to all my other cats by now. I want to know what are the possible causes of secondary hypothermia. He has urinary tract issues. He's only spraying now a days.
Hello Dheeksha Dheeksha and Snowy! I am no expert and I do not know what is causing your cat's health issues.
"Normal body temperature for dogs and cats is 101 to 102.5 degrees Fahrenheit (38.3 to 39.2 degrees Celsius). Some people and some pets maintain a baseline temperature a little above or below the average, but if your pet's temperature rises above 104 degrees F or falls below 99 degrees F, take him to a veterinarian. " -- per a google search. I do not have health information but would think his vet would do bloodwork.
Hoping others here may have more constructive suggestions. *PRAYERS* from the heart for Snowy to restore to good health!