Cat biting fur

Josgarci

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone, my cat has been behaving strange these past 10 days. She has been bitting her hair off throughout he day. Initially I thought our cat had stress/anxiety, so I been giving her much attention as possible. But I'm starting to believe the cat might be in pain? Everytime I try to pat her back she seems to get upset. If anyone have any advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
PXL_20210730_173935498.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. When I read "Cat Biting Fur" this was not what I expected to be honest. I don't need to tell you that this is extreme and not just a little fur chewing.

Stress in Cats – The Ultimate Guide – TheCatSite Articles

If you read this article, you will see that stress can be caused by many things in cats; they do not necessarily translate to what we call human stress which often means that we need to take it easy or try to relax.

As you read, you can probably rule some of them out and narrow down to others which might be the cause. This might give you a plan of action. However, given the fur loss and the fact that this could continue, a vet visit would be a good idea both from the point of view of the stress itself and the damage to the coat and skin, possibly.

Did something happen 10 days ago? New cat outside? Changes in house? Is she spayed?